View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kx250rider View Post
I'm glad you have the later chassis... The earlier one is a little more tricky than the CTC-5-ish one.

And Steve D, I'm curious now on the Sams 305... I don't have that folder, and I think I remember 25 years ago, discovering that the Hoffman in #305 was the other chassis (in addition to the CTC-5-ish one) that was different from the two sets I had from Gary H.... There was a fellow in Sherman Oaks who had two ColorCasters, with that chassis in the Sams 305. I want to be sure I get it straight on this. Gary Miller and I beat our heads in, trying to fix a problem in the horizontal on my mahogany one... All we had was the schematic pasted inside the panel.

I was thinking that the chassis in the early ColorCasters as mine, had a mutation of the prototype chassis as in the Hoffman 15GP22 & 19" CBS-tubed sets.

Charles
Hi Charles,

The SAMS 305 folder is for the 21" Colorcaster with the 703A-21 chassis. I assume this is the receiver with the removable side panel as seen in the article "Installing Hoffman Color Sets" included in "Color Television" 1957 Edition. That's the paper back issue published by Radio & Television News. You may have this book in your collection. Article on page 108. If you can, please PM your regular e-mail address to me.

Thanks,
-Steve D.
Audiokarma