View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 10:12 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

There isn't a Sams on those, if it has the upright chassis or if it has the 19" CBS tube. However, if you didn't notice, the whole side of the cabinet comes off in one piece to expose the bottom of the chassis. Inside that cabinet panel is a schematic (or at least there was when the set was new). Both of mine have them, but they're not accessable at this time or I'd get you a photo.

The blond modern one has a visible panel that is just the size of the chassis, but the traditional mahogany cabinet version has a secret release for the whole side of the TV. Look below the chassis shelf, and you'll see a slide bolt pointing downward. As far as I remember, that one slide bolt releases the whole side.

If yours is a later model; late '56 or '57, it may have a different configuration. The early one has a control panel to the right of the screen, with the tuner on top, and 5 or 6 smaller knobs in a row down from there. The later one has a large knob at the bottom right, for on-off-vol, if I recall, and there should be a Sams on the later one.

Charles

Last edited by kx250rider; 12-27-2009 at 10:15 AM.