View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 07:03 AM
VideoKarma Member

well ok it all makes sense but this set has a new fly, tried several rectifier tubes, cathode currant 190ma, several regulator tubes, and the rgb drives must be kept counter clock all the way because if i set the drives and having to use the bias alittle to set the drives then normal operation causes blooming and during the blooming the hv dips to sometimes 18-19 kv not enough really bad on white scenes. the brightness is all the way up and it does give a nice picture but it seems with the loss or not enough hv scenes will change color as it blooms. i had watched the hv dip on white scenes and wont go up untill the white changes. this tv was from a non smokers house which is a plus,lol. i have a dvom that checks frequency so is there a way i can check the frequency by probing a specific pin somewhere on the chassis to get an idea what it may be and then again what should the frequency be. the vert holds and the horiz hold is good also if its any indication. all the under chassis caps were changed in and around the horiz section also, nothing i ever done to the set will fix the hv i cant believe i may be missing something here. caps were changed on the vert board never a change for the good. it really is lacking hv and it makes it harder to set it up correctly without enough hv. the lack of enough hv is still unknow to me weather its a bad crt or something else i dont know but would like to get to the bottom of it once and for all. but the brightness is all the way up but its not as bright as it should be because the drives are low because of the lack of hv but even little changes in the scenes will pull the picture in on the right side alittle. if memory serves i think when i took the crt plug off the hv barely made it to the 22-23 kv mark with the adjust maxed clockwise and with the reg cap off the hv climbed to over 30kv. in other posts i had posted a pic of a mark on the crt starting at the anode button extending down the bulb about 6 inches just to the dag on the outside but the mark is inside the bulb where i thought maybe the interior dag was burned off in that area causing these problems but all and all i dont know.

Last edited by timmy; 01-01-2015 at 07:54 AM.