View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 02:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

That's a great point about B+ that hadn't occurred to me, coming from the arcade hobby where monitors always have regulated B+. The width isn't wildly off, but nevertheless my OCD drives me to try to optimize it if possible. If trial and error with how much I could reduce the width without ever seeing the edges appear when B+ droops resulted in a 50% improvement, why not? But ultimately I could certainly live with it as is.

I don't know if my yoke is "standard" or not. Should I post a pic with the yoke cover removed? Alternatively, what about wrapping the neck with tape to give it a tighter fit? It seems like that could be the easiest solution, with the obvious condition that it could still be jarred out of place. I've seen I think both TV's and arcade monitors with cloth tape on the necks (not as the sole means of securing the yokes obviously). If so, would there be any concern of the type of tape used due to heat, conductivity, etc.? I think all I've got at home currently is duct tape and blue painter's tape so if the choice was irrelevant I'd probably just wrap it with the painter's tape, but I don't want to discover later on that it was a bad idea.

Your input and advice is appreciated. I'm really loving the learning in this hobby.