View Single Post
Old 05-10-2022, 06:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Casio wristwatch camera

Another little early digi gadget from 1999 or so. The Casio WQV3 color wristwatch camera. There was an earlier BW version. I kept it all these years and dusted it off. It wants a Windows 98/2000 computer and I have a Dell laptop from the day. I loaded the program but I could not get the internal IR or the Casio IR dongle to work. I think it is a collision between the internal and external IR's. I gave up on that and pulled out an Acer netbook with Windows XP just to try. It loaded and works. I had to relearn the download sequence but the help pages did the trick. The pic is just an awful 176x144 image size. Color is quite good though in that postage stamp pic. Some light dots from overhead lamps. A single 2032 battery does last for a good length of time. Many timer/calendar functions in the watch. You can upload to the watch also with it's native resolution and framing. No backlight but it is contrast adjustable. If you have one and need the software, message me and I will send it. It should work for the BW version also but that does not have the IR dongle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Casio1.jpg (52.9 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg Casio2.jpg (53.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg WQV20220510_001.jpg (5.9 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by Dave A; 05-10-2022 at 07:23 PM.