View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 10:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
That noise could be HV arcing. One of my sets did a milder version of that for a few weeks before the HV rect. died.
Was afraid of that. It was working fine two days ago but this just started last night before I did anything to the tube. I looked in the HV box and didn't see any visible arcing, and have tried two different 1B3's and no change. I'll try different horiz output tubes and see if that makes any difference.

I did notice that rotating the AGC control does have an audible effect on the normal HV sync pulsing/buzzing sound (whatever you call it), mostly from a volume perspective. So it's doing something, just absolutely no change on the picture. If the 15M resistor between B+ and the AGC control was bad or flakey (it tested at about 35M on my VTVM, and was beyond my DVM's measurement) could that cause the AGC issue and perhaps this new noise issue? The vertical seems to be affected most by this and occasionally the screen will go bright and saturated for a second. Just a thought...

FWIW tried injecting IF signal from the VA62 and still had same "arcing" and AGC problem. So at least we can rule out the tuner contributing to any of the problems... not like that was really a culprit, but oh well.

Thanks!

FK

Last edited by FrankieKat; 08-23-2017 at 11:27 AM.