View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 05:25 PM
VideoKarma Member

Looking for an old "color" tv set

Hello all! Nice to be here! So I'm new to this forum. I've been a lover of vintage older things ever since I was young and am getting into collecting everything from the 50s and 60s. Now I am looking for a Vintage television set, preferably an RCA Victor or a Zenith. Possibly even a Magnavox. Have been a collector of Magnavox Stereo Consoles for many years, and from what I can see their tv's look nice as well. I'm not looking for any table models yet, just a console model, maybe 2, maybe 3. I have a few, living room, and another little sitting room and would like a set in each room. Of course I will pay more for something in excellent working order. I can always get the set restored if I have to. Cosmetically it must be in excellent shape and finish must be good too. I prefer something with a darker wood, and I also want something that has great sound as well. I've been looking on Craigslist as of the late, it's been a no go. Most console tv's they have on there are "too new" for my liking, and the ones that are older are usually gutted and made into for beds and bars. I don't know why people do that, and I don't know why people are into nothing but these flat screens. I don't know what's so good about them and I think they all look the same anyway. I'm looking anywhere from a 21 to 27 inch could be a little bit bigger but not much. I've enclosed some pictures so you guys could get an idea of what I'm looking for.

My bucket list

RCA Victor comes first
Zenith comes second
Magnavox comes third

Cheers,

Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image103-960x772.jpg (75.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg image163.jpg (85.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg s-l300.jpg (17.0 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg il_570xN.331870688.jpg (63.6 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 1955-rca-victor-tv-new-director-21-color-television-console-1950-s-christmas-ad-08ca2bb98b7901c8.jpg (27.8 KB, 28 views)