View Single Post
Old 03-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Hillbilly DeLuxe

"Custom" Sylvy TV for sale

Kansas City area Sylvy find. I'm a tube HiFi guy and just sort of came across this and I think it's definitely a survivor worthy of skills way past mine. I don't think it has many hours on it, I was amazed when I pulled the back off. I used to carry the tube caddy for my Pop back when TV guys came to your house, and I remember how dusty those TVs would get, but this one is clean, and every tube in it is a green label Sylvy, so I'm saying all original tubes! It has a brass plate by the controls on it that says "Sylouette by Sylvania Registered in the name of Mr. and Mrs. J.J. Kerner". I remember when they would put tags like this on the dash of Cadillacs and Lincolns. Anyway, it has a really cool "Halo" feature, etc.... I think it was super TOTL in it's day, and I can't find a scratch on it. To be honest, it was a curb find?? Now I need to figure out how to post the pics, it's blonde FWIW. Can someone tell me how to post the pics. I don't want to get rich, I just want this to go to the best some, it deserves it. I think I have to put a price, so lets say 100.00 negotiable? Oh, the tuner is really cool, sort of a ratcheting chain drive gizmo. Chain reminds me of what I had on my 70cc Honda. Oh, btw, it has two very large finned type rectifiers under the power supply chassis. It's like a couple different chassis in one box. I've seen hundreds of TVs, but this is cooler than a Predicta IMHO.

Last edited by jaymanaa; 03-05-2016 at 04:36 PM.