View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 09:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith2134 View Post
For the first time in a long time, I saw a CRT set at the curb, without even looking. Driving home I saw this with a 'works' sign taped to it. flat-face Wega model number KV20FS12 , from May 2001.
Normally would never take this, but I had to. (Felt sorry for it)
I had a 27" Wega from 2004 that had a shorted blue gun within a few years. Horrible build quality on these..But..
I took this 1 down to my boiler room, where I hoard old TVs, and fired up channel 10, which is my amateur ntsc station. It was currently playing Caddyshack 1980 and here is what I got before any adjustment.: (My camera isn't the best)

This one will need the usual service menu parameter alterations, before it can really be taken seriously. At least the Scan Velocity Modulation is defeatable via customer menu on this model.
I have to pop the back open and see if it has a made in Japan tube or Singapore.
I guess it's all in the luck of the draw!
I bought a 27" Trinitron Vega, six years ago, in May. I bought it exactly five years to the day, that it was first bought.
I use it two to six hours a day, almost every day, since I bought it. Absolutely flawless performance.
I have a few Sony Wega models and they all seem to work very well.
I don't know when the build quality started to suffer, but you can't prove it by me.
Audiokarma