View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 03:33 PM
M is for Memory

I live in Pewaukee(a bit west of Milwaukee), Wi.

My acquisition budget fluctuates depending on what I've been buying, selling or saving for, so most items over 300$ I may not be able to immediately purchase.

When I was a kid in the 90's my folks had almost the exact set in the linked video below(though I think the finish was lighter), and some of my first memories were watching that Motorola Quasar WID set. After killing that set when I was young (I was curious as to why the sound came in before the picture, and toggled the power switch until it would not turn on back when I was 3 or 4 years old) I've come to feel obligated to preserve one(also for nostalgia). Skip to 7:30 to see it with the front panel reassembled. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DZjvWy9ZfA

I want a roundy color TV/stereo combo with remote and tube audio system, in a modern (for the time) styled cabinet, prefer Zenith, Magnavox, and Curtis Mathes, RTR deck a plus.

A pre-war TV.

Any Setchell Carlson Color set...Especially Roundys, tube/hybrid monitors, and table/portable sets. Does not need to have a CRT.....Heck I may even be interested in a fairly complete chassis.

Color TV's made before 1960.
I would specifically really like a 15" Admiral model C1617A, 15" Zenith, any set with a chassis that is NOT an RCA design.

The VHF tuning knob, the back and the legs/stand for my blond RCA CTC-4 Seville. A good 21AXP22 round screen color CRT for it.

21" Philco Predicta (must have a good CRT, and the flyback).

Zenith Avanti(hybrid or combo), and some of their other very modern styled offerings of the time.

Philco Safari portable (black), and knobs and hood for a brown one.

Admiral bakelite console TV

RCA model 8TR29, and a good top cover for my 8TS30.

GE model 810.

Westinghouse "Jet Set" table top combo

Early 60's GE combo or stereo only version of that table top model with hinged speakers that doubled as doors.

Pilot model TV37.

A 1940's projection set.

A spare 21" color roundy glass CRT(such as the 21FBP22, 21FJP22, 21GUP22, 21GVP22, etc...).

Strong 16GP4.

If the price is cheap enough I'll adopt any color set that uses tubes, and most tube TVs in general.

Some non TV things I want.
A pair of the same model of add on Dolby NR units for reel to reel or 8-track decks.
A four channel cassette deck.
A working CD-4 / Quadradisc Quadraphonic decoder.
Quad records, eight tracks, and reel to reel tapes.
Any matrix type quadraphonic decoder with logic.
A Philco "beam of light" with "mystery control" and preferably a wire recorder in it as well.
A EAIJ standard color reel to reel VTR.
ED betamax deck.
A laserdisc recorder (according to wikipedia there were prosumer units made).
A Transcription turntable (I built a crude one, and would like a real one).
A couple more Heathkit A-7D or A-7E tube amps.
A good or restorable E.H. scott radio.
A good or restorable 30's or 40's lighted art deco visable mechanism 78RPM jukebox(preferably wurlitzer or rock ola, I have to like the styling on it to be interested). The Wulritzer 1100 and earlier are my taste.
Any color set that uses a 15GP22 CRT.
Any format of tape recorder that I did not mention.

Some more vintage cars. 1948 and older GM (and Nash '51[especially] and older) fastbacks, finned 50's cars (such as '59-'60 caddys, '57 Lincolns, and late 50's mopar like the 'forward look models' and the 61 imperial), first year (1967 IIRC) old's Toronado and the first body style Eldorado based on the same front wheel drive platform (especially the one with the headlamp covers that blended into the grille), Lincoln Mark III and IV, a pre-1980 station wagon or Suburban (I'd like to have a period correct TV hauler ).
A girlfriend.

The more I learn the longer my want list gets, but my habitual buying keeps it at bay.

Tom C.

Last edited by Electronic M; 05-10-2017 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Adding and subtracting items to update list