View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 11:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

heck they say or best offer, someone go throw them a 40$ offer, or you could go up some if they let you test the CRT (and you peek at the FLY).

I figure 40$ is fair if for nothing more than parts that "should" be ok, I guess you could get a real heap (bad fly/yoke/vert out, shorted Pwr trans, broken converg assy, in which case you would be down to maybe getting pots, coils, tuner, etc...

I just tell them the truth, if the CRT is bad then it become VERY hard to repair since they are hard to get. And even if its test just OK there is alway the chance of it dropping dead to gas (that is what happened to a zenith I picked up a few months back, it had a weak tube, and after about 30 min of combined run time it just went to air, and the filament burned out before I even knew what happened.

anyway thats my 2 cents on it.

I dont know if they understand that collectors are not getting rich off these old sets, you can drop a lot of coin trying to get one up and running and most likely will never get your money back,much less profit on it.

I think after they get a few calls, you know, I'll be right over, give me directions, I am on the way, etc... and then the caller never shows up, they will begin to understand that money talks.
Audiokarma