View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 02:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh4683 View Post
I dont think anyone on the forum has or has ever seen a 27KC20, which is the next chassis after the 29JC20.
I just scored a 27KC20 in that "truckload" score from upstate NY. The cabinet is pretty rough. It's one of those faux-finish cabinets and will be tough to make presentable again. I didn't know the 27KC20 was quite so rare until I read Doug's post. Now that I know it's this rare, I'll need to put its restoration at a higher priority than it was originally and rearrange my displays to give it a suitably prominent position once it's restored.

My 25LC30 is in a genuine wood veneer cabinet, though, and I just got that one disassembled in preparation for refinishing yesterday and re-secured the loose top cap on the 6HF5 Horiz. Out. tube. The convergence yoke on this set is the "color coded" enclosed type rather than the open-frame white plastic.

I also just got my Philco 16M91 roundie into watchable condition. That set had been in storage since 2003, so it was well past time to move forward with its restoration. That was the one where I got it home and discovered the detached CRT base lying on the chassis and CRT leads broken off at the glass. I had bought a used 21FJP22 with good emission, balance, and tracking "cheap" to use in the Philco just before the "road trip" to get the truckload of Zenith sets and before I knew there was a used 21GVP22A and NOS 21FJP22A to be had from the same seller. I already had the "cheap" replacement CRT mounted in the Philco set by then. It turned out the "cheap" tube had H-K leakage on the red gun, but I used an "isolator/brightener" wired in "isolation-only" mode to isolate the cathodes. Until I get that startup loan paid off, there was no point in letting an otherwise-usable tube sit idle waiting for a rebuild that I can't afford yet.

Last edited by jshorva65; 07-02-2009 at 02:44 AM.