Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Early Color Television (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Update on the CTC-7 Pensbury Restoration (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=269718)

etype2 11-04-2017 11:00 AM

Update on the CTC-7 Pensbury Restoration
 
I purchased a CTC-7 Pensbury from VK member Damen Hurst. I had it sent directly to my friend Mike Doyle who is restoring the set. It had some issues with the alignment preventing a good picture. He recapped it and the set is not to bad.

Mike will continue to work on the set and possibly replace the CRT. I gifted the set to Mike, also a VK member and it’s in good hands.

https://visions4netjournal.com/wp-co...8D6FDC0CE.jpeg

https://visions4netjournal.com/wp-co...63DB5BCC5.jpeg

Thanks Damen.

benman94 11-04-2017 06:43 PM

That particular cabinet style has never done much for me, but that maple finish is gorgeous. Color me green with envy...

Electronic M 11-04-2017 06:43 PM

An RCA displaying a video clip of a Zenith color logo embedded in a turd....Now I've seen everything. :D

Looks like it is working nicely.

etype2 11-04-2017 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benman94 (Post 3191586)
That particular cabinet style has never done much for me, but that maple finish is gorgeous. Color me green with envy...

Thanks.

etype2 11-04-2017 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3191587)
An RCA displaying a video clip of a Zenith color logo embedded in a turd....Now I've seen everything. :D

Looks like it is working nicely.

I don’t know if that’s an insult, but sooo funny. :-)

“War of the Worlds”

Electronic M 11-05-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by etype2 (Post 3191604)
I don’t know if that’s an insult, but sooo funny. :-)

“War of the Worlds”

No insult, just my sick sense of humor...At work every day for the benefit (calamitous detriment?) of man kind. :D

I need to watch that film one of these days.....I knew that film had a zenith color logo somewhere in it, but I thought it was embedded in some machine/metallic pod thing if I'm properly remembering the last time I saw a screen shot of it.

mrjukebox160 11-05-2017 12:44 AM

The picture looks beautiful. Why would it need a CRT?

etype2 11-05-2017 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrjukebox160 (Post 3191607)
The picture looks beautiful. Why would it need a CRT?

He said the blue is not cutting off properly.

old_tv_nut 11-05-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3191606)
No insult, just my sick sense of humor...At work every day for the benefit (calamitous detriment?) of man kind. :D

I need to watch that film one of these days.....I knew that film had a zenith color logo somewhere in it, but I thought it was embedded in some machine/metallic pod thing if I'm properly remembering the last time I saw a screen shot of it.

The Martians' video probe, spy glass, or whatever it was that looked in the window (maybe just a Martian?) had that three color arrangement, and then it turned out that the Martians themselves had three eyes, one of each primary color. No idea if it was in the book, but it sure is a nod to Technicolor.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.