Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   VideoKarma Classifieds (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   WTB - '39 RCA Victor R-100 phono attachment (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=269654)

Celt 10-18-2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseljeep (Post 3190939)
I thought it looked like an Emerson. Same knobs and handle as my 505 portable radio. :thmbsp:
I got a kick out of the Cheap'n'nasty Tops record. They were poor remakes of the popular tunes of the day, by unknown recording artists. :D
They were sold in the five'n'dimes.

Yup....Tops and Modern Sound...bleah! They had a faux Beatles cover group called The Doodlebugs!

decojoe67 10-18-2017 06:15 PM

The ultimate is the Vassos styled GE phonograph attachment of circa 1940. The locomotive tone-arm is screaming art-deco. I'm looking for an RCA at the moment, but if anyone has one of these for sale I will surely consider it!
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b3/95...6d58bff6a0.jpg

Boobtubeman 10-18-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseljeep (Post 3190939)
I thought it looked like an Emerson. Same knobs and handle as my 505 portable radio. :thmbsp:
I got a kick out of the Cheap'n'nasty Tops record. They were poor remakes of the popular tunes of the day, by unknown recording artists. :D
They were sold in the five'n'dimes.

Yep, an Emerson 501.. The record came with it.. Thought it did other speeds when i got it, kinda sitting around since i have no 78s hehe

SR

dieseljeep 10-19-2017 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boobtubeman (Post 3190963)
Yep, an Emerson 501.. The record came with it.. Thought it did other speeds when i got it, kinda sitting around since i have no 78s hehe

SR

The phono is a model 521, three tube amp. Riders shows it used either minuiture or octal equivalents.

dieseljeep 10-19-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celt (Post 3190940)
Yup....Tops and Modern Sound...bleah! They had a faux Beatles cover group called The Doodlebugs!

Another cheapie record line was the Somerset LP's. Poor copies of the better selling LP's, 77 cents. :D

Electronic M 10-19-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseljeep (Post 3190981)
The phono is a model 521, three tube amp. Riders shows it used either minuiture or octal equivalents.

I had one of those Emersons. Took it apart to fix, never got to it went through a couple of moves and sold or donated it as a basket case.... Miniature tubes in the one I had.

decojoe67 10-19-2017 05:21 PM

I remember a long time ago when my post was about me putting a WTB ad for an RCA phono............ah, the good old days :)

Boobtubeman 10-19-2017 06:48 PM

LOL, Sorry about that Decojoe67, got carried away, wish i had that unit you need lying around, ill keep an eye out for one.. :)

SR

dieseljeep 10-20-2017 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decojoe67 (Post 3190996)
I remember a long time ago when my post was about me putting a WTB ad for an RCA phono............ah, the good old days :)

That's the way things work around here!
The entries make an otherwise boring topic a bit more interesting.

decojoe67 10-21-2017 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dieseljeep (Post 3191036)
That's the way things work around here!
The entries make an otherwise boring topic a bit more interesting.

I'm just kidding. I've done it myself at times too. I've had an ad out here and ARF for the phono for months now with no luck anyway. I'll just scan the Net for one. Like everything else, it's just a matter of time before one will turn-up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.