Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   VideoKarma Classifieds (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   TV Collection for Sale, New England (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=269520)

janets 09-08-2017 03:04 PM

TV Collection for Sale, New England

6 Attachment(s)
I am cleaning out my parent’s house and have a collection of about 14 old tv sets. My dad used to repair tv sets, mostly black & white, and also a little bit of color sets. There are a variety of ages - some older, some newer. Also, there are about 8 pictures tubes in boxes. I have no idea of the working condition of any of the sets or the parts. Would like to sell as a single lot.

The sets currently are in North Anson, Maine 04958. Buyer would be responsible for pickup.

A few pictures are attached. Please email janet@graphexsolutions.com, if you have an interest in buying this collection.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 9/29/2017

I have individually posted model numbers and photos of each set/item. Please scroll down further in the thread to view.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was able to get some of the model numbers, or at least names. I have:

RCA Victor Model 21-S-5000
RCA Victor Model 21-S-503
RCA Victor Model 21-T-8225
RCA Victor Model 210DK655 (first number hard to see on this one, but I think it is a 2)
Zenith Chromatic Z1994W
Bradford Quick-Play
Philco 54-55527-16
Silvertone Suburbanite
Sears 4999
Capehart 21T215MD-4
RCA GA-558 S (also says March 1977)
RCA Victor - color set - unknown model but I have the Photofact for this one that says RCA CHASSIS CTC38A/38B/38XP/38XR/38XT/38XU

also have a base that has a W logo on front and is stamped:
V-1413-2-B1-ON (unsure about the B, could also be 8)
FOR-H896-H897
FANCHER

Hopefully that gives enough information that someone is interested in taking a look. --- Janet

init4fun 09-08-2017 04:04 PM

Hi Janet ,

The Black & White sets of the type you show in your pictures generally sell for around $50 to $100 each , depending on condition . There are some B&W sets that will command a bit more money (for instance the "Halolight" sets) but generally the average wooden cabinet B&W sets aren't all that super valuable until you start talking pre WW2 to around 1946 vintage (the wooden B&W sets you've shown are early/mid 1950s) . The Color sets , especially if in wooden cabinets like the cabinets of the B&W sets you've shown , will be worth more , generally $150 to $400 or even maybe $500 each depending on model & condition . Color TVs in black plastic boxes from around the mid 1980s till present will usually require giving / paying someone to take them away , the collectors generally call them "BPC" sets with disdain ("BPC" being Black Pile of Crap) . Your best bet would be to get a clear photo of the front & back of each TV and post those along with the model numbers so folks here can tell you exactly what you've got . Same goes for the picture tubes (CRTs) and all the other components , test equipment , etc . The picture tubes will have numbers on them like "12LP4" and "10BP4" and so on and the small vacuum tube boxes (if any ?) can be shown in a "group shot" so the numbers of them can be seen .

PS , on a second view of your pictures , the wooden cabinet color set will be the most desirable of the sets you've shown and depending on condition may bring maybe around $200 ish , give or take a bit either way ...

kramden66 09-12-2017 09:14 AM

Don't forget location can also be a factor on how much you can get , if anything , for tv sets of these type , so while the color set could fetch up to $200 in some areas in others if you can get $20 your doing good all because you can not ship them .

janets 09-12-2017 01:54 PM

Thanks for the helpful information. I've added the model numbers I could find.

Janet

Findm-Keepm 09-13-2017 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by init4fun (Post 3189274)
Hi Janet ,

PS , on a second view of your pictures , the wooden cabinet color set will be the most desirable of the sets you've shown and depending on condition may bring maybe around $200 ish , give or take a bit either way ...

Or, what's in those CRT boxes - one 21AXP22 or 21FJP22 could easily outsell anything. :yes:

Show of hands - who needs a 21" round CRT? :D

Janet - those Channel Master boxes pictured probably contain picture tubes, also called CRTs - can you post some information about them?

janets 09-13-2017 08:11 AM

Picture Tubes

I will investigate the CRT boxes and see what I can find. I won't be up there until the weekend though. -- Janet

janets 09-13-2017 08:16 AM

Just curious, is a picture tube something that can be repaired, or is it a works/doesn't work item? -- Janet

Electronic M 09-13-2017 09:40 AM

A few years ago there were still places that rebuilt CRTs. All are out of business. The Early Television Museum is trying to start a rebuilding operation, but that has been in the works since before the last places closed...

DavGoodlin 09-13-2017 05:11 PM

The numbers on the boxed picture tubes CRT's will be in a format "25AP22" or "RE25AP22" if color and like "19CVP4" if Black and White. Make sure they are not dusty-dirty duds, not sure why they would be kept around in that case.

Yesterday, I saw curbside and picked up a 1954 RCA console 21" identical to your first posted picture, it was outside and the cabinet is shot but its still worth something because the CRT is good!

janets 09-13-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavGoodlin (Post 3189487)
The numbers on the boxed picture tubes CRT's will be in a format "25AP22" or "RE25AP22" if color and like "19CVP4" if Black and White. Make sure they are not dusty-dirty duds, not sure why they would be kept around in that case.

Yesterday, I saw curbside and picked up a 1954 RCA console 21" identical to your first posted picture, it was outside and the cabinet is shot but its still worth something because the CRT is good!

Good find! The set in my photos used to belong to my grandparents. I remember it being it their home and I was fascinated by the fact that the cabinet had doors!

Question - how would I tell if the tubes were "dusty-dirty duds"?

-- Janet

DavGoodlin 09-13-2017 10:32 PM

The labels on a CRT funnel would be clean and usually say "new gun, used envelope" or some description

Findm-Keepm 09-13-2017 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavGoodlin (Post 3189492)
The labels on a CRT funnel would be clean and usually say "new gun, used envelope" or some description

And, being in Channel Master boxes, will have Channel Master labels on them - Monarch, Opti-Vue and Optivue LT were the three grades of tubes in the 70s and 80s. Any other labels, and they are likely duds, which will still hold value for most Color tubes, those with "P22" in the part number. Pictures of each would greatly help.

Note: I am not looking for any Color or BW CRT, so don't count this dog in the hunt. I've got plenty for my sets...

janets 09-18-2017 12:51 PM

Tube Numbers

I was able to investigate the boxes of tubes. This is what I found:

Sylvania 17QP4/17YP4
GE 14QP4
Silver Lux, Channel Master 21YP4
Turret Electronics 17.BP4B
Channel Master 21CBP4 (or possibly 21CBP4B)

I also found a 19AYP4, where the box is marked "dud". Didn't see any markings on the tube itself.

Another tube is a Philco, but I couldn't find a model number that is formatted the same as the others. It had a label with the number 2067342 and then part no. 319-2100.

I took more photos of the tv sets. I will post those tonight.

-- Janet

skylerh 09-26-2017 07:13 PM

14qp4 crt

I'd definitely be interested in the 14QP4 for an old GE metal portable I just restored the chassis on! Not sure what it would cost to get that to Madison WI though. Sounds like a neat collection!

janets 09-29-2017 08:09 PM

TV Collection, New England, Set 1 - RCA GL615L

3 Attachment(s)
Set 1 of collection for sale:

Color, RCA Victor GL 615 L