Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Early Color Television (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   My first roundie (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=269243)

LADR 06-29-2017 12:54 PM

My first roundie
 
2 Attachment(s)
After looking for years, i finally found this 1960 CTC-10 for sale in chattanooga, tn and was the right price. Does have the original 21CYP22A and only has few replacement tubes so this set is somewhat low hour. Planning to slowly restore it to correct working order.

Radiotronman 06-29-2017 04:10 PM

That's a nice looking roundie! I'm restoring a ctc-10 right now myself. Did you not grab the other roundie there while you were at it? What brand was it?

LADR 06-29-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiotronman (Post 3186149)
Did you not grab the other roundie there while you were at it?


What other roundie?

Radiotronman 06-29-2017 06:50 PM

Looked like there was one in your second picture.

Tom S 06-29-2017 07:59 PM

Any help you need ask I do have the service manual on disk for it. Love working on these sets. I'm still looking for a 63 Curtis Mathis Color. I have 4 older sets. 60 CTC 10 RCA like yours. 61 RCA CTC 11. 66 GE Porta Color and a 67 Motorola 22". All working.

LADR 06-29-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiotronman (Post 3186154)
Looked like there was one in your second picture.

yes, I saw that one but was not for sale and I did not have room in my motor vehicle anyway.

EdKozk2 06-30-2017 01:06 PM

Very nice set, and the crt still works.:thmbsp:

LADR 06-30-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom S (Post 3186155)
Any help you need ask I do have the service manual on disk for it. Love working on these sets. I'm still looking for a 63 Curtis Mathis Color. I have 4 older sets. 60 CTC 10 RCA like yours. 61 RCA CTC 11. 66 GE Porta Color and a 67 Motorola 22". All working.

I got a question, I need to get the chassis out but i am having a hard time getting the HV wire disconnected from the tube since its under the CRT shield, what are the easiest ways to get it disconnected and hooked back up?

IsthmusTV 07-01-2017 10:14 AM

The HV lead disconnects at the other end. It is connected to a socket on the HV rectifier cup. Open the HV compartment and the lead just pulls out (you'll need to remove the strain relief first). I hope that makes sense.

Nice set, good luck with your restoration.

-Clark

hi_volt 07-01-2017 11:52 AM

Very nice set. You've got raster and a good CRT. Good start.

Tom S 07-01-2017 02:11 PM

I rigged mine up so I could work on it by setting it on a box with paper in it. plenty heavy and it's just the right height so you can make tests. The only thing you'll need to do is clip a lead for the crt ground. Your set looks very close to playing.

Sandy G 07-01-2017 04:05 PM

It alrady has that "Glorious Lollipop Color" you'r ahad of th gam !

Steve D. 07-01-2017 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LADR (Post 3186137)
After looking for years, i finally found this 1960 CTC-10 for sale in chattanooga, tn and was the right price. Does have the original 21CYP22A and only has few replacement tubes so this set is somewhat low hour. Planning to slowly restore it to correct working order.

The Monticello

211-CD-90-4 &U

Early American Orange Maple veneer -4

CTC-10C,D

-Steve D.

LADR 07-02-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdKozk2 (Post 3186196)
Very nice set, and the crt still works.:thmbsp:


Yes it does make a picture, but red is almost non existent.

TUD1 07-02-2017 03:55 PM

I will be going to service Jacob's CTC-10 in the near future. Hopefully we will get the red back and get the TV set up properly.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ęCopyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.