Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   VideoKarma Classifieds (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   "Custom" Sylvy TV for sale (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=266478)

jaymanaa 03-05-2016 04:32 PM

"Custom" Sylvy TV for sale

Kansas City area Sylvy find. I'm a tube HiFi guy and just sort of came across this and I think it's definitely a survivor worthy of skills way past mine. I don't think it has many hours on it, I was amazed when I pulled the back off. I used to carry the tube caddy for my Pop back when TV guys came to your house, and I remember how dusty those TVs would get, but this one is clean, and every tube in it is a green label Sylvy, so I'm saying all original tubes! It has a brass plate by the controls on it that says "Sylouette by Sylvania Registered in the name of Mr. and Mrs. J.J. Kerner". I remember when they would put tags like this on the dash of Cadillacs and Lincolns. Anyway, it has a really cool "Halo" feature, etc.... I think it was super TOTL in it's day, and I can't find a scratch on it. To be honest, it was a curb find?? Now I need to figure out how to post the pics, it's blonde FWIW. Can someone tell me how to post the pics. I don't want to get rich, I just want this to go to the best some, it deserves it. I think I have to put a price, so lets say 100.00 negotiable? Oh, the tuner is really cool, sort of a ratcheting chain drive gizmo. Chain reminds me of what I had on my 70cc Honda. :) Oh, btw, it has two very large finned type rectifiers under the power supply chassis. It's like a couple different chassis in one box. I've seen hundreds of TVs, but this is cooler than a Predicta IMHO.

jaymanaa 03-05-2016 04:40 PM

Ha, looks like Kam had one kick his butt once, you out there Kam? Man I haven't seen you in what, 4 or 5 years?

Kamakiri 03-05-2016 05:06 PM

Sure, I'm always here.....good to see you round these parts! :)

And yep, I swore once I got that sucker done and working that I wasn't gonna work on one of those ever again. Of course, it looks like there's a chance I may break that promise.....local friend has one that needs a total refit.

Electronic M 03-05-2016 09:43 PM

Would you be heading to the ETF meet or would anyone else that could move such a set on their way? I'm not sure if I'll be able to take another console at the time of the meet, but I've wanted a Halo-lite Sylvania since I was ~8 years old and if I can get a nice later one within my means I will.

There are 2 ways to attach pictures: 1.) click 'Go Advanced' on the reply then scroll down and click 'manage attachments' then it should be simple, 2.) sign up to an image hosting site like Flickr or Photobucket, upload your photos there and link to them here or better yet post the [IMG] code.

I prefer method #2 since there are less of the annoying restrictions on image/file size, and most image sites have more storage space and don't delete your pictures if they are too old or VK's server crashes, etc.

jaymanaa 03-07-2016 06:13 PM

Man, that Dualette is a cool set! I still haven't figured out pictures, I'll have my wife help me when she gets home, she's much better with these new fangled devices. :)

walterbeers 03-08-2016 07:12 PM

Hey I"m not that far from you, as I'm in Omaha NE, and I might be interested in that TV, especially if it is a halolight set. Do you have a model number of the set? Would love to see a picture of it. If it would fit in my Jeep Compass, I could pick it up when we go down to see our friends near Wichita. You can also e-mail me a picture to wjb122750@hotmail.com