Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   VideoKarma Classifieds (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   7JP4, 10BP4, 12LP4 CRTs For Sale (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=261908)

StellarTV 06-18-2014 08:47 PM

7JP4, 10BP4 & More CRTs For Sale

I have many, many good used CRTs for sale, part of the tv collector estate I bought out recently. All prices include shipping to the US. All CRTs tested for emission, cutoff, decent life test and shorts on a B&K and then checked again on a Beltron. Wouldn't ship anything I wouldn't use.

This is VK pricing. Advertised higher publicly.

7JP4, Good bright picture, various brands, tested on set $125 shipped
10BP4 various brands $125 shipped
21FBP22 $150 plus freight via greyhound

Other assorted 50s 21" CRTs available.

I accept paypal, postal money order, personal and business checks (1 week hold on both).

StellarTV 06-25-2014 08:49 PM

BAMP

Two more 7JP4s available.

Tubejunke 06-26-2014 09:35 PM

Man! I can't believe nobody is commenting on this. What a score and an OP of a lifetime for collectors everywhere to stock up on those 10BP4, 12LP4, now two more 7LP4s, OMG. Man Stellar, people are going to be knocking your door down brother. You have your work ahead of you packing and successfully shipping tons of glass. Good luck!

Jon F 06-26-2014 09:43 PM

I got my 10BP4 today :D

Tubejunke 06-27-2014 11:45 PM

Right on John F! Another set remains or becomes in service. I just had to make light of this thread because I love it when somebody scores parts and in the resultant turnover we get to hear success stories of another set ready for many more years of service.

They simply don't make (or even rebuild) these tubes which are the heart of our hobby. One day it will be down to the last set and the last tube! :smoke: Imagine that! Even 60+ years into the game and the stuff remains fairly plentiful mostly thanks to the Internet. Really the Internet probably saved this hobby to a large degree by bringing people together looking to buy or sell specifically searched for items that under most other circumstances without the Internet the items would become part of our great landfill system. So we are very lucky to have the WWW for that and other reasons like this site which is a gold mine of knowledge the like of which the just don't teach anymore. These things save sets. Without parts and some incredibly patient helpful hints from V-K members, there would be probably tens of thousands more sets in the dirt. People would give up and scrap hopeless projects and/or make more fish tanks.

I remember before the Internet was in every home (or pocket) I had a mid 50s Magnavox that I kept in my den as a regular use TV. One day the flyback smoked out on me and I had no clue where in the world I would begin to find a flyback transformer for a then 35 year old set. Really, I wouldn't have had much hope if any. The set was so clean and nice I ended up keeping it long enough for the WWW to become a reality and had the part sent to my door within a week. The times they are a changin' FOR REAL. Point again though, under nearly any other circumstances the set would have been trashed. It's the pitfall to the hobby in that if a TV doesn't work, then it is useless other than disturbing women.:thmbsp: Mine says that I should collect stamps!:thumbsdn: Funny though, she can say that as a stab at what is a sort of space eater of a hobby, WHILE she drags in and compiles almost every other kind of 'could be' old, or not so old decorative item and kitchen item by the trunk load. Always a need for another set of dinner ware to go with the other 5 or more.

I need to step away from a rant.... OK, buy some tubes folks and keep the dream alive! :D

StellarTV 07-31-2014 01:33 AM

Bump

tvcollector 07-31-2014 02:14 AM

I could use the 12lp4 tubes.. But right now im broke and got other things to pay off.. It would be some months before I could get them..

StellarTV 08-13-2014 06:55 PM

Just sold the NOS Rauland, other than that 12LP4s are moving slow.

StellarTV 09-08-2014 07:12 PM

Bump

StellarTV 09-28-2014 11:32 PM

Out of 7JP4s; still have 10BP4s and 12LP4s.

RCAGuy 09-29-2014 11:36 PM

Any way a 12LP4 could be adapted for a set that uses the 12AP4 (TRK-12) ? What would be required?

dieseljeep 10-01-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCAGuy (Post 3116220)
Any way a 12LP4 could be adapted for a set that uses the 12AP4 (TRK-12) ? What would be required?

I don't remember what the sweep angle is on a 12AP4, but I think, it's rather narrow. The 12LP4 is 52 degrees. The horizontal and possibly the vertical sweep, would have to be altered. :scratch2:

bandersen 10-01-2014 12:54 PM

40 degrees. Here's how one substitution was done using radar CRTs. http://www.earlytelevision.org/12ap4_substitute.html

StellarTV 08-18-2015 02:00 PM

Updated, more CRTs available.

IsthmusTV 08-18-2015 05:24 PM

Hi Jason,

I'll take the 21FBP22, assuming we can work out the Greyhound freight arrangement. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks,

Clark