Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   VideoKarma Classifieds (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   10 cents per 10 minutes Pay per View (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=261905)

Gyrocomp 06-18-2014 07:35 PM

10 cents per 10 minutes Pay per View

5 Attachment(s)
One of the first and the only one I have seen. Pay per view B/W television Its a http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/sony_tr...iver_tv_3.html
Table top vending machine that still works good. I have hooked it up to cable and the picture is still good. I am sure it could use a cleaning with Deoxit and Faderlube. This is not my forte as I like vintage sound. Drop in a dime and your good for 10 minutes. "Adjustable". This would cost at 24 lbs $90.00 to well pack and ship to the USA. I am willing to trade for vintage audio/S/W radio open to offers. What have you got?

dishdude 06-18-2014 07:41 PM

Pretty cool. I could see this in a 70's airport.

Gyrocomp 06-18-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dishdude (Post 3107342)
Pretty cool. I could see this in a 70's airport.

I dont know dishdude. In 1970 I was 9 years old. I realize that this is my first post on this area of the site but I been an AK subscriber for very close to a year now. With a few threads under my belt.

Gyrocomp 06-18-2014 08:38 PM

I f nobody is interested in this unit. I am going to send it to Grumpy for free. just shipping charges

Kamakiri 06-18-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gyrocomp (Post 3107350)
I dont know dishdude. In 1970 I was 9 years old. I realize that this is my first post on this area of the site but I been an AK subscriber for very close to a year now. With a few threads under my belt.

Relax, dude. Nobody is dissing you. Trust me, I've got a few threads under my belt ;)

Username1 06-18-2014 09:55 PM

I remember seeing little tv's like that in airports too..... I wanna say it was late 70's
possibly early 80's..... I don't recall it catching on much, so I would say he's
got a somewhat rare little thingie....

Gyrocomp 06-19-2014 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamakiri (Post 3107361)
Relax, dude. Nobody is dissing you. Trust me, I've got a few threads under my belt ;)

Oh I did not think like that. The reason I mentioned it is because dealing with someone that has only 1 post "in classifieds on top of that" I would be a little reluctant to trust for a transaction.

Celt 06-19-2014 07:28 AM

The bus station in Kansas City, MO used to have these!

Phil Nelson 06-19-2014 01:26 PM

I used to see those rent-a-TVs in various airports, but I can't recall anyone actually watching one. Usually, the TV seats would be empty, or if the area was crowded, people would use the chair to read a magazine or whatever.

Phil Nelson

Gyrocomp 06-21-2014 04:00 PM

I remember the ones that the chair was connected but this is a table top version. But in an airport makes sense because security is 24/7 .I have also seen them in the greyhound bus stations but it wasn't a table top version. The TV was connected to the chair.

Gyrocomp 06-21-2014 04:06 PM

I put in a dime and the nostalgia kick's in. Going back in time. Like we all do.I ITs a step back in time that's enjoyable that you cant find anywhere else.
And you know in 10 minutes you have to put another dime in. Too Cool

wa2ise 06-21-2014 04:48 PM

If you have kids and want to limit their video game time, make this the only set available. You can't play video games without a functioning TV set...

baursam 06-22-2014 12:45 AM

Yeah, bus station in Calgary had them in 87 I flew back from Europe to Calgary and had a lonnng wait before bus to where I needed to go.. A NHL playoff game started and I started plugging quarters in, Caps vs Islanders, it went to quadruple overtime before Lafontaine scored the winner and bankrupted me in the process!!!!

WISCOJIM 06-22-2014 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gyrocomp (Post 3107668)
I remember the ones that the chair was connected but this is a table top version. But in an airport makes sense because security is 24/7 .I have also seen them in the greyhound bus stations but it wasn't a table top version. The TV was connected to the chair.

Are you positive? I've never seen a "table-top" version, AFAIK all of these were meant to be mounted on different forms of chairs in bus and air terminals. Table-top makes no sense to me at all. In what kind of situation would that be used?

Gyrocomp 07-03-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WISCOJIM (Post 3107717)
Are you positive? I've never seen a "table-top" version, AFAIK all of these were meant to be mounted on different forms of chairs in bus and air terminals. Table-top makes no sense to me at all. In what kind of situation would that be used?

I am talking about these ones. There were lots of these. But mine is tabletop with 4 feet.

http://alisonnissen.files.wordpress....v-attached.jpg

These cost a quarter at a time. Mine is 10 cents