Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Early B&W and Projection TV (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   ge 810 tv stand (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=270760)

tv’s r us 08-07-2018 02:35 PM

ge 810 tv stand

Did the ge 810 tv have a factory stand? If so does anyone have a picture of it?
Also any pictures of after market stands for the same set. Thanks

decojoe67 08-07-2018 05:57 PM

Yes, although I've never seen one in person. Unless it was kept with the set, I would suspect finding one "in the wild" would be next to impossible.
Here's a photo of one from the Net. Notice the exact notch the set sits within:
http://www.decoradios.com/tvs/810.htm

Electronic M 08-07-2018 06:14 PM

If I wanted to put one on a stand I'd look for an end table of the period the right size for the set.

tv’s r us 08-07-2018 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3202787)
If I wanted to put one on a stand I'd look for an end table of the period the right size for the set.

I think a true collector would want a original stand, not a end table.

Electronic M 08-07-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tv’s r us (Post 3202788)
I think a true collector would want a original stand, not a end table.

If I want an original stand I make sure to buy a set with one. I don't like hunting for an accessory that is at least 10x rarer than the set and probably 1000X rarer still to find on its own.

Also, I often prefer sets without the stand as I feel it tends to be a waste of space I could keep other sets in.

Your best bet is to look for another set with stand in rough condition and have the stand refinished.

If you want to attempt to do the nearly impossible I won't stop you from trying...Just from saying no one warned you about it.

tv’s r us 08-07-2018 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3202791)
If I want an original stand I make sure to buy a set with one. I don't like hunting for an accessory that is at least 10x rarer than the set and probably 1000X rarer still to find on its own.

Also, I often prefer sets without the stand as I feel it tends to be a waste of space I could keep other sets in.

Your best bet is to look for another set with stand in rough condition and have the stand refinished.

If you want to attempt to do the nearly impossible I won't stop you from trying...Just from saying no one warned you about it.

I bought a GE 810 with a stand. The set is not worth saving, but the stand is. I am just looking to find out if the stand would be original.

As I too don’t prefer stands this one will most likely end up on eBay.

decojoe67 08-08-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tv’s r us (Post 3202792)
I bought a GE 810 with a stand. The set is not worth saving, but the stand is. I am just looking to find out if the stand would be original.

As I too don’t prefer stands this one will most likely end up on eBay.

I'm curious if the stand you have did turn out to be the correct one. Was it?
As a long-time collector of vintage TV's I will say that original stands do not interest me at all. To have a collection of sets on stands you need A LOT of display space.

tv’s r us 08-09-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decojoe67 (Post 3202807)
I'm curious if the stand you have did turn out to be the correct one. Was it?
As a long-time collector of vintage TV's I will say that original stands do not interest me at all. To have a collection of sets on stands you need A LOT of display space.

Well I think yes. This stand has the top as so only the ge or a set the exact same size would fit on it.. If you want to see it I can only text you a picture. I will see if anyone here wants it before I put it on eBay.