Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Can you view photo's on Videokarma ? (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=246920)

grumpy 01-17-2010 07:12 PM

Can you view photo's on Videokarma ?

I need to know if anyone is experiencing problems viewing photos on VK. If so please let me know here. Thanks

Grumpy

RDusel 01-18-2010 05:40 PM

Hi Grumpy
I can view photo's on Videokarma but can not view them on Audiokarma. It says that I am logged in yet clicking on the picture results in a message saying that I have to be logged in to view the pictures. Logging in does not help.
I wonder if people who are logged into AK have the reverse problem?

Update: I just tried it again, this time instead of asking for me to login the attachment area is simply blank.

Hope this helps..

grumpy 01-19-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDusel (Post 2964286)
Hi Grumpy
I can view photo's on Videokarma but can not view them on Audiokarma. It says that I am logged in yet clicking on the picture results in a message saying that I have to be logged in to view the pictures. Logging in does not help.

Update: I just tried it again, this time instead of asking for me to login the attachment area is simply blank.

Hope this helps..

I am going to assume you are a member on Audiokarma. Did you log in first ?

Sam Cogley 01-20-2010 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDusel (Post 2964286)
Hi Grumpy

Hope this helps..

That's exactly what happens when I try to look at leadlike's photos.

zenithfan1 01-20-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Cogley (Post 2964409)
That's exactly what happens when I try to look at leadlike's photos.

Me too, then after I logged in I could see them even though I was already logged in. I didn't have to log in again later when I came back though. Now I'm tired of saying logged in.

zenithfan1 01-21-2010 08:18 AM

Now I can see leadlike's pictures without logging in again. Seems better today, other pictures are working for me too.

Sam Cogley 01-21-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenithfan1 (Post 2964414)
Me too, then after I logged in I could see them even though I was already logged in. I didn't have to log in again later when I came back though. Now I'm tired of saying logged in.

Interesting. When I tried that before, I was just returned to the main forum page. This time, I got a picture. Seems to be working fine now.

grumpy 01-21-2010 01:11 PM

Please keep reporting the problems. Gotta know about em to fix em :)

Carmine 01-23-2010 11:23 AM

I don't understand why more people don't simply host on another site and use the photo-link button... This way you don't use any VK bandwidth, you don't have to be logged in, and nobody has to click. Additionally, you've got a backup for photos stored on your hard drive. Best of all, it's FREE!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...AwMzUuanBn.jpg

click the http://audiokarma.org/forums/images/...nsertimage.gif button, then paste the web address. Done and done!

grumpy 01-23-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmine (Post 2964557)
I don't understand why more people don't simply host on another site and use the photo-link button... This way you don't use any VK bandwidth, you don't have to be logged in, and nobody has to click. Additionally, you've got a backup for photos stored on your hard drive. Best of all, it's FREE!

click the http://audiokarma.org/forums/images/...nsertimage.gif button, then paste the web address. Done and done!

Well because when people delete or close their off site photo host accounts a thread can become useless.

If the pictures are hosted here they will always be here to keep the thread intact.

Grumpy

Carmine 01-23-2010 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grumpy (Post 2964563)
Well because when people delete or close their off site photo host accounts a thread can become useless.

If the pictures are hosted here they will always be here to keep the thread intact.

Grumpy

You're kidding right? There are plenty of active members/threads who have lost pictures after the infamous AK server crashes. I'd say the odds of photos staying intact are better on a photobucket or flicker. Keeping the VK photohosting is fine for the occasional poster who is just looking for a price on something, etc. but I think the hardcore members are better served with a third party. I've also sent links to my threads if I wanted to show a non-VK member pictures of a TV set I just found, and they don't have to be members to view the photos.

The only way we'd lose those pics would be if the member intentionally deleted their account, in which case, c'est la vie.

Wasn't bandwidth a major AK expense? I'd think you'd be happy if people didn't use your server as a photohost. :scratch2:

grumpy 01-23-2010 08:42 PM

No I am not kidding. Other then the one crash, close to 4 years ago, what other pictures were lost on AK.

Videokarma is backed up nightly so nothing will be lost again.

GordonW 08-23-2010 04:12 PM

Not a picture problem... but something curious, nonetheless.

To be honest, I haven't looked at my PMs here on VK for a while... and it looks like what I have are a bunch of AK PMs, all dating back from 2009 and earlier.

When VK was opened, did we just get our AK accounts "cloned" onto VK- including PMs? Because it sure looks like a "snapshot" of what was in my PM mailbox on AK about then.

Just checking... to make sure that if I just deleted all my PMs here (cleaned it out, since it says I'm "over full"- probably due to being a subscriber on AK but not here on VK), it wasn't going to perniciously go over and delete all my PMs on AK, as well. That would be bad. :D

I know, I know... I need to keep up with stuff here better. I need a clone so I can do that... :sigh:

Regards,
Gordon.