Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   General Off Topic Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Making up TV show episodes or movies? (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=269672)

crt89 10-19-2017 07:54 PM

Making up TV show episodes or movies?

Did/has anyone ever made up their own TV shows or movies? I used to do this by taking parts of TV shows and movies I'd seen and mixing them with real life events and places in my city. I had a bunch of characters made up in my mind and would think of them doing different things, living in houses in my neighborhood, etc. I would also use real life things such as cars, appliances, phones, etc in the scenes in my mind. But when I went to actually write them down, I could never seem to fit the scenes together to make full episodes.

Mostly it was something I did when I was younger when I got bored.

MadMan 10-19-2017 09:26 PM

No, but that sounds really fun. I was creative like that when I was young. When I rediscovered my creative spirit, I lamented that I'd ever lost it.

Electronic M 10-19-2017 09:34 PM

I mostly do that with anime.

I've had half a mind to take portions of my Zappa library and edit various songs together to make new funnier ones...So many ideas there. :D

centralradio 10-20-2017 03:02 AM

I do that in my dreams.I wish I had that dream recorder in the Natalie Wood movie Brainstorm.Anything is better then hollyweird is putting out now.

kramden66 10-21-2017 12:17 AM

I did cannon with a new actor playing the part , not exactly reciting episodes just imitating and doing our own version .
I did once take a scene from the batman movie with the riddler running down the hallway of the sub which is really the seaview from voyage to the bottom of the sea , I took thatbscenevand then cut to captain crane shooting down the hallway to make it look like he was trying to get the riddler.

centralradio 10-21-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kramden66 (Post 3191066)
I did cannon with a new actor playing the part , not exactly reciting episodes just imitating and doing our own version .
I did once take a scene from the batman movie with the riddler running down the hallway of the sub which is really the seaview from voyage to the bottom of the sea , I took thatbscenevand then cut to captain crane shooting down the hallway to make it look like he was trying to get the riddler.

I always enjoy Cannon series along with it counterpart Barnaby Jones.

centralradio 10-21-2017 11:48 AM

I wish this kind of imagination come back to TV instead of the cheap crap that is on there now.

madlabs 10-21-2017 05:25 PM

Me and a friend used to do "radio plays" recording on cassette recorders. At one point we had 3-4 of them and so did "multi track" recordings with sound effects. Some were not suitable for an audience but some were and we played them for family. Even got a few kids to play roles, along with my mom. Was fun at the time...