Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   International Vintage Televisions (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Dynatron? (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=270617)

TUD1 06-30-2018 01:48 AM

Dynatron?

3 Attachment(s)
Can anyone tell me anything about this company? From the liitle bit of reading I did, they were founded by the Hacker brothers in the 30's and made high end radios and TVs, but the company was passed around numerous times throughout the years. I'm trying to figure out how difficult for me to own a nice vintage Dynatron colour set, probably very difficult considering it would have to be shipped. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get one over here somehow.

old_tv_nut 06-30-2018 11:21 AM

Can't help you, but thanks for posting. Never saw anything like it before - a Queen Anne style cabinet out of the 30s (?) with a 70s TV inside. It would match my grandmother's living room, I think.

dieseljeep 06-30-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUD1 (Post 3201522)
Can anyone tell me anything about this company? From the liitle bit of reading I did, they were founded by the Hacker brothers in the 30's and made high end radios and TVs, but the company was passed around numerous times throughout the years. I'm trying to figure out how difficult for me to own a nice vintage Dynatron colour set, probably very difficult considering it would have to be shipped. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get one over here somehow.

Shipping would be the least of your worries.
The Dynatron sets are built in Britain for the British market. Designed for the PAL 625 line 25FPS, UHF channels 21-69 and 240 volts AC.
At the very least you would have to source a 120-240 step-up transformer and an Aurora standards converter. I doubt if the set is multi-standard.

init4fun 06-30-2018 12:19 PM

Funny that name "Dynatron" is used , the model airplane world has had both "Dynatron" and "Megatron" engine starters available since at least the 1960s . Just sounds TOO futuristic to not think it woulda ended up on a TV somewhere :D

Celt 06-30-2018 01:58 PM

Almost sound RCA Victor-ish….Dynatron....Dynagroove...Dynaflex….etc.

init4fun 06-30-2018 02:12 PM

And lest we forget , my venerable 53 Buick with it's "Dynaflow" transmission , one of the automotive world's first real "CVT" type transmissions . What ? You think the CVT is an all new concept ? Folks hated the "shifting jerk" or "shifting lag" in the early automatics and eliminating those shifts entirely was Buick's way of smoothing the driving experience back when all cars were expected to feel like rolling sofas :D

Had that car as a 10 year old back in the 60s and loved every minute of it :thmbsp:

KentTeffeteller 07-02-2018 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TUD1 (Post 3201522)

UK company which made somewhat bespoke radio/phonograph consoles (in the UK called Radio-grams) and later on began making Televisions. Later subsumed by Philips if I recall correctly. Never officially imported to the USA or Canada. The Radiograms were very nice, nicer models especially much nicer than average. The TV sets were 405, 405/625/, and 625 PAL UK standard sets.

TV-collector 08-03-2018 12:48 AM

These kind of furniture styled TVs are called in Germany: Gelsenkirchener Barock.
Gelsenkirchen is a city which had a lot of companies to build furnitures.
The blond set is called Narvik, blond sets are "scandinavian styled".
Narvik is a scandinavian City (Norway), because it is a long time dark in winter in these areas,
people from the north hated the dark sets which were common in center europe.
Close by all german TVs and radios which were sold in Scandinavia are
blond!
In Germany only about 10% were blond, the Price was always higher too for a blond cabinet.
England and Belgium or Spain had a lot of mahagony cabinets, Austria and Germany used
like France mostly french walnut.