Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   ETF Convention, what did you come home with? (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=261635)

Kamakiri 05-19-2014 07:09 PM

ETF Convention, what did you come home with?

1 Attachment(s)
First off, it was my first time there, and it surely won't be my last! Had so much fun meeting a lot of you guys, swapping stories, and spending time immersed in the hobby :)

So what did you get? Do tell!

By the way, if you saw this bald headed guy walking around, well, that's me :D

tvtimeisfun 05-19-2014 08:29 PM

Hey Tim I know what you came home with it was really great to meet you in person keep your great sense of humor and never outbid me again ha ha just kidding..

Robert Grant 05-19-2014 08:40 PM

If you really wanted to be recognized, you should have worn a bright yellow T-shirt (Kodachrome), like I did.

Kamakiri 05-19-2014 09:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tvtimeisfun (Post 3104488)
Hey Tim I know what you came home with it was really great to meet you in person keep your great sense of humor and never outbid me again ha ha just kidding..

I suppose I shouldn't tell you that the uglier of the two Motorolas was actually completely restored and works perfectly....all I had to do was re-seat the picture tube and start it up on a variac :)

And no, I had NO idea before I bid! Luck of the draw sometimes!

rca2000 05-19-2014 09:27 PM

We met. You were surprised at how much SMALLER I am now !! And you were not the only one who felt that way. I guess I am a bit smaller now...

I came home with that flat chassis 25DC56 Zenith set that was right outside the garage door and that little RCA SS portable with the pop-up controls.

I will post my first pix's of the flat set--it is still in the van, but I took a couple of pix's already.

Kamakiri 05-19-2014 09:28 PM

How could I not remember you, especially after you helped drag me that RCA 2000 out of Dwight's basement!

That Zenith you got, was that the really really perfect console that Dave was selling?

rca2000 05-19-2014 09:56 PM

I believe it is. It was right outside of the convention building under a canopy. I NEARLY missed it--as it was under a cover--it was raining a bit. I am SOOO glad I did NOT miss it !!

rca2000 05-19-2014 09:59 PM

I remember helping you with that 2000 set. Was I that much bigger then--in 2004 ?

I also brought up a digital Zenith that day a 36" set with a good tube for Dwight. I wonder what became of it? I think it had a bad 9-700 digital module or such.

earlyfilm 05-19-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamakiri (Post 3104469)
By the way, if you saw this bald headed guy walking around, well, that's me :D

Heck! I was looking for someone wearing a Star Trek badge and never recognized you!

You know, the name badges should also carry VK handles. . . . . .

James.

Boobtubeman 05-19-2014 11:34 PM

I got a rock......

Stuck in Cali... :(

SR

Kamakiri 05-20-2014 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by earlyfilm (Post 3104508)
Heck! I was looking for someone wearing a Star Trek badge and never recognized you!

You know, the name badges should also carry VK handles. . . . . .

James.

I wrote mine in under my name, but it was hard to see. I think we should all do some kinda VideoKarma football jerseys for future meets :)

Kamakiri 05-20-2014 05:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rca2000 (Post 3104507)
I remember helping you with that 2000 set. Was I that much bigger then--in 2004 ?

I also brought up a digital Zenith that day a 36" set with a good tube for Dwight. I wonder what became of it? I think it had a bad 9-700 digital module or such.

We were both bigger back then ;)

rld-tv01 05-20-2014 06:37 PM

I picked up a Hallicrafters T509 10 inch tabletop with pushbutton tuner, a Motorola VK105 10 in console in rough condition, a new 10BP4 CRT for the Motorola, a Philco 700 7 inch tabletop. I also got a new in box mlitary replacement 7dp4 CRT and a good tested 7ep4 CRT. Unfortunately I had to drop everything off at my storage unit in Virginia to be moved out to my new place in California in a couple of months.

Kamakiri 05-20-2014 07:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What did that Hallicrafters end up selling for, if you don't mind my asking? I saw more bids on that set than any other one there.

I also scored this RCA 730TV2 for $20. This picture is after some time scrubbing the crud off the finish. Picture tube has a bad short and there was a big mousey nest under the chassis, but everything else appears to be intact. Definitely gonna restore this one :)

robert1 05-21-2014 01:50 PM

i got a chance to meet some really nice people there, (including you, Tim). i did at least score two sets, both Admirals, really cheap. i just wish things would have been better that day as my wife was extremely sick that day & had to sit in the car. i wanted to mingle more with all of you, but, i had to go back to the car every 10 minutes to check on my wife.

The Admiral 24A125-N set that i scored appeared to be a little "rough" but apon further inspection, the cabinet is not as bad as it appeared. it won't take much to refinish it. the chassis was completely rust free & appears to be all original componets. it appears to not have had any work done on the chassis. most of the original tubes are present but the CRT has been replaced. however, the CRT (10bp4) appears to have a open G1. the emmission test shows good.