Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   CRTs (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=275876)

Linw 05-22-2023 05:48 PM

CRTs

6 Attachment(s)
I have several CRTs of varying sizes(not tested) from my uncle's estate. The house is being renovated and the CRTs will be thrown away if they aren't purchased. Location in Douglasville Ga. I've had some ppl tell me what they are but I will try to answer any questions you may have.
8XP4 bench test CRT
RCA mfg. code 274
Sylvania mfg code 312
k2015
WNA 1010081
Portavision TV

Linw 05-22-2023 05:51 PM

How do I post pictures? I see the 'paper clip" icon and then I upload but nothing seems to have populated on my post.

Linw 05-22-2023 05:52 PM

I also have hundreds of old diamond needle for record players awa hundreds of old CB radio Crystals.

Linw 05-22-2023 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linw (Post 3251163)
How do I post pictures? I see the 'paper clip" icon and then I upload but nothing seems to have populated on my post.

never mind. I just resaved at different sizes.

Electronic M 05-23-2023 08:41 AM

It sounds like you have a complete Zenith tube TV. Posting a picture of the cabinet will get more interest than the chassis tag and CRT tag alone.

That Zenith, the test tube and possibly the Sony if it's a complete TV and not just the CRT are probably the best TV things you have.

JohnCT 05-23-2023 10:33 AM

If your needles are new in the package, you would have better luck selling those. I don't know if CB crystals are of any use any more.

John

Linw 05-23-2023 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCT (Post 3251182)
If your needles are new in the package, you would have better luck selling those. I don't know if CB crystals are of any use any more.

John

Could they be for Ham Radios/armature radios? I think my uncle was into Hams also. I will post a picture once I pull them out.

Linw 05-23-2023 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3251178)
It sounds like you have a complete Zenith tube TV. Posting a picture of the cabinet will get more interest than the chassis tag and CRT tag alone.

That Zenith, the test tube and possibly the Sony if it's a complete TV and not just the CRT are probably the best TV things you have.

Well, there is a bit of urgency. The property they are at is in Douglasville Ga and I live 1hour away, I cannot bring them with me and they will be junked if I can't get anyone interested in them. I couldn't post that many pictures bc of that travel distance and limited size allowed for pictures(I've got some complaints about not having quality pictures in the past so I've cranked up the pixels and spent some time reducing the size until I could put them on my post).

So if you know anyone in the Atlanta area, let them know. Thanks for the response.

Linw 05-23-2023 11:34 AM

I will try and get some picture the next time I go out there

Linw 05-23-2023 12:52 PM

Quote:

John

They are from the 1950s. My uncle had a radio/tv/furniture shop in Macon Ga. called Kirkwood Electronics.

init4fun 05-23-2023 02:21 PM

Quote:

John

John has got it right, the recent resurgence of people interested in records means that there are likely plenty of people looking for record player parts. Now, with the citizen's band pretty much dead, buried, and moldy, it's gonna take more searching to find buyers for those (or even someone who'll take them for free).

zeno 05-26-2023 03:45 PM

Interesting, the Zenith CRT is actually made by Sylvania ( EIA 312)! Never
seen that before.
If needles are packaged they can bring stupid $$ now. E-Bay them
with list of brands & part numbers. Cartridges also !
CB crystals probably have value to vintage CB collectors. Again E-bay

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !

Electronic M 05-27-2023 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeno (Post 3251249)
Interesting, the Zenith CRT is actually made by Sylvania ( EIA 312)! Never
seen that before.
If needles are packaged they can bring stupid $$ now. E-Bay them
with list of brands & part numbers. Cartridges also !
CB crystals probably have value to vintage CB collectors. Again E-bay

73 Zeno:smoke:
LFOD !

Haven't seen Sylvania made CRTs Zenith badged, but I had a Zenith badged 21FJP22 with an RCA EIA code.

I'd imagine when Zenith projected making more sets than their subsidiary Rauland could furnish CRTs for they'd go to other reputable makers and make up the difference there.

Dude111 05-28-2023 10:06 AM

Welcome!!

Linw 05-29-2023 01:02 PM

Thanks for all your comments.