Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Early Color Television (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   First Annual ETM Swapmeet - October 3 (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=265056)

Steve McVoy 08-27-2015 06:08 AM

First Annual ETM Swapmeet - October 3

Swap meet starts at 8, goes until whenever. We will have refreshments and lunch. Lots of surplus museum sets (nothing exotic) will be for sale - best offer. Mechanical, prewar, postwar black and white, and early color sets will be demonstrated. Tours of the CRT rebuilding facility. For those staying Saturday evening, we will have dinner reservations at a local restaurant. $20 per table for sellers.

user181 08-27-2015 12:49 PM

For those attending, I am interested in buying PortaColor related parts, documents, or advertising ephemera, etc.

BigDavesTV 08-27-2015 09:33 PM

Planning to be there! :-)

Sandy G 08-27-2015 10:06 PM

Whine, Sob, Sigh...Oh, Woe iz Me.. (grin)

rca2000 08-27-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by user181 (Post 3141884)
For those attending, I am interested in buying PortaColor related parts, documents, or advertising ephemera, etc.

glad to know this...I WILL bring my GOOD PC_-in GOOD shape--good tube (AFAIK), but NO vertical. it is a later one with the bigger H-out tube.

I am probably going to book a room for Friday night-- like i do for the convention--so I will NOT have to worry about driving. I wonder...will the ETF be open friday eveing--so we can"set up" for the next day and such?

The ONLY reason...I would not be able to be there...is if someone is planning something for my bday-- which is a day before on the 1st. . likely that will NOT happen...and so I am already making preliminary plans to be there !!

I will also likely bring my 'predicta parts", form a 17" cold chassis model..tube, chassis, controold, tube..cabinet front but NO shell. Tube IS GOOD.

MAY...have a 19AP4 to bring. DO have a 16GP4..but it is weak...but COULD be used perhaps...if there is any interest.

Might bring this KCS-152 portable I have by me..KINDA works, strong tube--in decent shape...looks wise.

MIGHT..bring my 15YC615 zenith..it DOES work with a GREAT tube..bit rusty on back and bottom but savable..

WILL bring a good 7JP4 and 12LP4--in boxes, NOT NOS_-but good..

MAY bring a 21FJP22--GOOD__CM brand..

Steve McVoy 08-28-2015 07:55 AM

We can open up Friday evening for setup if you email in advance:

info@earlytelevision.org

Username1 08-28-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy G (Post 3141948)
Whine, Sob, Sigh...Oh, Woe iz Me.. (grin)

Ha Ha HA ! ! ~ Me too.....

:)

Electronic M 08-28-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rca2000 (Post 3141949)

I will also likely bring my 'predicta parts", form a 17" cold chassis model..tube, chassis, controold, tube..cabinet front but NO shell. Tube IS GOOD.

MIGHT..bring my 15YC615 zenith..it DOES work with a GREAT tube..bit rusty on back and bottom but savable..

That is the first gen 13" Zenith color right? If The tube is good, the price is right and nothing prevents me from being there, I'd like to call dibs on it.

If you or anyone else have a restorable 21" table model Predicta with moderate to good CRT for under 125$ (there is one local that meets the description for that price so a better deal would be necessary) I'd probably be a buyer.

Kamakiri 08-28-2015 06:26 PM

I'll be looking for a CTC-19 and tube color portables. Or any weird off branded tube color sets. Would like to pay for the stuff in advance and pick them up at the meet :)

Other things of interest would be a 630TS, and a convergence board for a CTC-7. Oh! A suitcase portable 7", like a Sentinel or similar.

Also going to be needing a couple TV camera tripods for Ikegami cameras, and ideally, a big un for one of my IVC broadcast cameras :)

I find myself magnetically attracted to broadcast equipment lately, especially stuff with logos on them :D

I'm sure I'll think of other goodies. PM me if you've got something :)

Steve McVoy 09-29-2015 05:55 AM

We hope to see you this weekend.

http://www.earlytelevision.org/2015_swapmeet.html

Robert Grant 10-03-2015 09:30 PM

Didn't find my dream color roundie, didn't sell my beaten-up monochrome roundie, only about ten people showed up, but
HAD A BLAST!

Thanks, everyone.

WISCOJIM 10-03-2015 09:44 PM

Can anyone supply a list of the attendees?

Real name as well as VK alias? I don't know all the people by their internet tags.

Did any of the Wisconsonites such as Electronic Memory (Tom C.), ohohyodafarted (Bob G.), Zenithfan1 (Mark M.) make it?

Electronic M 10-03-2015 10:19 PM

I was the only Wisconsin VK member that you listed/I know of there, but my friend Chris came (and liked the meet).

Got three table color sets and a tube A/V RF modulator (that will be a fun project!).

WISCOJIM 10-03-2015 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3145435)
I was the only Wisconsin VK member that you listed/I know of there, but my friend Chris came (and liked the meet).

Got three table color sets and a tube A/V RF modulator (that will be a fun project!).

Can't wait to see your posts on all of them!

zenithfan1 10-04-2015 09:52 AM

Wish I could've been there!