Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   2 Zeniths, 1 RCA, 1 Philco (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=269532)

Adam 09-11-2017 07:18 PM

2 Zeniths, 1 RCA, 1 Philco

1 Attachment(s)
I picked these up at the fall etf:

21" Zenith rectangular color in the metal cabinet with the SC600 (I think a 1968)

12" Zenith b/w from 1969, missing most of the small knobs, broken antenna

19" RCA b/w in the metal cabinet with the remote (missing 1 knob)

Philco Seventeener III with a bad CRT - I picked up a good 17" CRT (17DLP4) that will fit in the cabinet but is 6V that I'm going to try to use with a separate filament transformer.

The 12" b/w works. I haven't had time to try the others yet.

Sandy G 09-11-2017 08:14 PM

Nice Score!

TUD1 09-11-2017 08:33 PM

That Zenith color set is a super nice catch. You never see those, especially with remote.

DavGoodlin 09-11-2017 08:58 PM

That RCA is a great addition to complement all those Zenith space command luggables

Like that Admiral they're sitting on too:D

consoleguy67 09-12-2017 07:27 AM

Last of the Zenith roundies was in 1967.

Marco-nix 09-12-2017 09:04 AM

Oh, i love the turquoise one !

Adam 09-12-2017 03:46 PM

I always wanted a Seventeener III in that color.

I checked out the RCA. With no signal going to it, it appears to work perfectly. But with a signal, the picture looks like what you get the AGC is cranked too high, and the AGC control has no effect at all on the picture no matter how you turn it. So something is wrong, it might be the control itself.

Electronic M 09-12-2017 04:26 PM

Wish I had the chance to get that remote color tabletop. That is a combination you don't hardly see anymore.

Nice finds!

Jon A. 09-12-2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electronic M (Post 3189447)
Wish I had the chance to get that remote color tabletop. That is a combination you don't hardly see anymore.

Nice finds!

Doug has/had one but apparently they're scarce even in his neck of the woods. Unfortunately for him whoever was running the sale noticed his enthusiasm and gouged him for it.

drh4683 10-10-2017 10:22 AM

Nice finds, Adam! I do have the same model Space Command 600 set, at least aesthetically the same. I know chassis' can sometimes vary.

Mine is actually a '71 and has the 12B9C50 chassis. Im curious what model/chassis yours has? I'm also curious which plant yours came out of. Is the model tag still on yours with all the stampings?

Adam 10-19-2017 05:01 PM

It's a 1970 model (probably, the sticker with the model number was mostly worn off), but it's a 14A9C50 chassis. It's one of the earlier hybrid chassis with the solid state IF, but no dura-modules. It's not in the best of condition, looks good from the front, but a little rusty on the back and inside. (Not too serious rust, it will probably clean up ok) The CRT was changed at some point (It's a channel master not a Zenith chromacolor CRT in there) - but there's no green halo. I was told there was no HV, and it came with a spare flyback, and what I think is probably the original remote. I'll add some pics later.

I haven't had too much time for TVs lately. I haven't done anything with this color Zenith. I've poked around the remote RCA b/w some more. (It's a 1965 model) There is something I have yet to be able to track down that is causing the picture to overload. It's one of the weirder TV problems I've seen, I was going to write up a thread about it, but I haven't had time.

And on top of that, the vertical size is shrinking on that 1957 Zenith SC200 console (the one in the picture up ^ there) - I would bet it's just the vertical output tube, being that I totally recapped that set, and I do watch it semi-reguarly. And I need to put a tripler in my 1974 chrome cabinet 25EC58 Zenith - and I haven't had time to do any of it...