Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   Site News (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Server Upgrades (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=257718)

Eric H 03-22-2013 03:46 PM

Server Upgrades

As some of you have noted, the Site has been slow at times, this is because we share a Server with Audiokarma and the growth there and here has been tremendous.

It gotten to the point where a new and better Server is in the works but of course those things don't come cheap so it's time to hit people up for donations.

The "Pay" button in the top right of the page hasn't worked on this side of the Site since our inception but that's now been fixed.

Membership here is free and there is no obligation to pay, however if you feel you get some entertainment and useful information from this place then contributions big or small are always welcome (and needed).

A Subscription to Audiokarma (different than a donation and $25 last I knew) gets you access to some extra Forums on the Audiokarma side if you are interested in those.

Dude111 03-22-2013 05:56 PM

Yes i have always noticed this site IS EXTREMLY FAST and I left Grumpy a PM once and congratulated him on that!!!!

I hope we dont lose that........ Thanx for this thread Eric,your a good staff member :)

grumpy 03-22-2013 10:44 PM

No need to worry about slow downs. In fact the new hardware should ensure that Videokarma will be speedier then ever.

We certainly don't want to burden our membership, but rather appeal to those who wish to help with the new server implementation. Thank you in advance for your generosity in helping to make Videokarma.org the kind of place where we want to spend time, and know that your donations will make that time spent even more enjoyable!

Warmest regards,

The VK.org Staff

Dude111 03-23-2013 01:07 PM

What a nice reply,thank you Grump :)

Celt 04-21-2013 12:42 PM

Anyone else noticing the improved load speeds since the server upgrade took effect? :)

tubetwister 04-21-2013 01:35 PM

Way faster now pages come up instantly soon as mouse clicks very cool
AK is at warp speed also :banana::banana::banana:

josephdaniel 04-22-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubetwister (Post 3067227)
way faster now pages come up instantly soon as mouse clicks very cool
ak is at warp speed also :banana::banana::banana:

+1

Winky Dink 04-23-2013 12:05 AM

Since I started my subscription the "Subscriber" badge hasn't appeared under my name. I truly don't care for myself, but the presence of subscribers does serve to encourage others to follow suit. I've put the "AK Subscriber" logo on my avatar, and I'll leave it like that unless anyone feels that it's improper in any way.

Dangler 04-23-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winky Dink (Post 3067381)
Since I started my subscription the "Subscriber" badge hasn't appeared under my name. I truly don't care for myself, but the presence of subscribers does serve to encourage others to follow suit. I've put the "AK Subscriber" logo on my avatar, and I'll leave it like that unless anyone feels that it's improper in any way.

Same here.

grumpy 04-23-2013 09:46 AM

Now that the migration is complete we are seeking feedback from all. If you should have any issues please be sure to let us know if you run in to any problems.

As to subscriptions, well we never really set any up for Videokarma, but can easily for our members here. Give me a little bit of time and ill get it ready to rock and roll. Thanks !

Grumpy

Electronic M 05-10-2013 05:11 PM

About 14 minutes ago the this site was giving me 'server is too busy at the moment' messages on links and page refreshes for a few minutes.

grumpy 05-12-2013 07:39 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Some times this happens if you catch the site in the middle of its daily back up. If this happens for more then a half hour then it could be another issue. Please let us know. Thanks

Grumpy