Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums

Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums (http://www.videokarma.org/index.php)
-   VideoKarma Classifieds (http://www.videokarma.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   FS: Vintage LAWNMOWER! Can bring to ETF! (http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=264003)

Kamakiri 04-10-2015 09:08 AM

FS: Vintage LAWNMOWER! Can bring to ETF!

5 Attachment(s)
I have far too many lawnmowers in my garage, so I thought that maybe someone here might enjoy this one. And since ETF is coming up, hey, I can bring it along! :)

This is a Cooper Cyclo-Vac 21". My guess is mid to late 60s. As shown in the pic, I redid the points and rebuilt the carb, sharpened the blade, and changed the oil last spring, and used it about a dozen times on my lawn. New air filter too.

It's dusty and could use a little cleaning up from sitting in my garage, but it's all there. Usually takes about 3 pulls to start. I drained the gas last fall before storing it. Ran perfect for me right until I put it away :)

It has the original bagger attachment and a NOS bag I bought on ebay last year. The only thing you'll need to do is make a support for the bag. I have one that I made that works decently that I'll include, but it's functional more than aesthetic.

Price is $75, which is less than I have invested into it. Must be paid for in advance by PayPal, because I don't wanna haul it if it doesn't sell ;)

Ed in Tx 04-10-2015 01:35 PM

If you were about 1400 mi closer....:D

bgadow 04-10-2015 10:29 PM

Nice looking machine! I spend a lot of time browsing the lawn mower section at the local steam and gas shows; don't recall ever seeing a Cooper before. When my 25 year old Air Cap finally gives up, it's a rig like yours that I'll be hunting for.

Kamakiri 04-11-2015 12:45 AM

I'm heading to Dave's tomorrow. It's yours, I'll bring it with. I figure I owe you (at least) one anyway :)

Username1 04-11-2015 08:14 AM

Say- that round thing forward of the gas tank, is that the starter.... ?
The Round part....? Where is the pull string....? Not electric start is it...?

Nice looking machine !

Boobtubeman 04-11-2015 04:43 PM

The starter is next to the breather in the disassembled pic, it is a pull start type, had one or two of these B&S engines, they were great... :)

SR

Celt 04-11-2015 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just knew it was gonna be this one! :D

http://www.videokarma.org/attachment...1&d=1428787187

powerking 04-11-2015 05:42 PM

If you want to get a ball park idea of the D.O.M. check the B&S blower housing for the "code" number. So something like 050771-1 or the like would mean it (the engine) was built in May 7th, 1971. I really thought Cooper power equipment had gone by the way-side by the early 1960's. This engine looks to be more of a late '60's to early '70's B&S design.

Tom (PK)

Username1 04-11-2015 07:59 PM

Thanks guys I see where the pull start is now....
That chrome mower above looks way-cool...
I can't imagine actually using something that nice....
Blinding to use on a sunny day......
Kinda looks like it's a 2 cycle engine....

John Marinello 04-11-2015 08:42 PM

The engine has been replaced.

bgadow 04-11-2015 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamakiri (Post 3131150)
I'm heading to Dave's tomorrow. It's yours, I'll bring it with. I figure I owe you (at least) one anyway :)

Wow! Gives me a good excuse for another good buffet meal :)
(And I can unload another set or two on Dave for "storage"!)

Kamakiri 04-12-2015 05:03 AM

My second time out here in a month. It's a fun drive really. As long as I can avoid driving in New Jersey, I'm good :D

It's in his garage. I was able to "relieve" him of the Motorola color set you had for me, a GE console, a picture tube, and a Motorola 7". Then I stopped at an antique shop in Strasburg and picked up another Motorola 7" set!

Cadillac's once again loaded!