View Full Version : Opinions needed on shippers

veg-o-matic
09-22-2003, 03:42 PM
'Lo, yall:

Okay, here's the deal. I want to buy a Zenith color console from drh4683 and need to get it shipped from IL to MD.
Anyone got any recommendations? I've looked at Craters & Freighters but was wondering if anyone knew of anyone better--or cheaper! I'm trying not to break the bank here.
TIA for your help. This set needs a good home, and I've got the perfect spot for it.
veg-o-matic

rcaman
09-22-2003, 04:36 PM
erics shipping www.machinemover.com good prices safe delivery

Rob
09-22-2003, 05:55 PM
My opinion about UPS? Expletive deleted! :uzi:

Regarding shipping your TV? The only really reliable way to ship a console TV IMO is to go fetch it yourself in your own suitable vehicle. That is the ONLY way I will buy a vintage TV. I've never had one arrive with shipping damage either....NEVER!

Steve D.
09-23-2003, 05:07 PM
Kinda makes you wonder.....How did all those TV manufacturers over the last 60 years or so, ship all those millions of sets to their distributors
and then to the dealers.:dunno:

Wardsweb
09-23-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Steve D.
Kinda makes you wonder.....How did all those TV manufacturers over the last 60 years or so, ship all those millions of sets to their distributors
and then to the dealers.:dunno:

They shipped them truck freight in heavy duty double wall freight containers on wood pallets.

I've had excellent luck with Forward Air. It's $35/100 pounds. Must be on a pallet , you must drop it off at the Forward Air terminal. You can see if one is in your area here:
http://www.forwardair.com/

Kamakiri
09-23-2003, 08:49 PM
There is a better way, if you have the time :)

DRH may be coming to Buffalo to pick up a set ( I know Captainmoody's got at least 2 here :) ). He brings your set to me, and I can bring it to another Aker closer to you.

Come to think of it, this deserves a thread.....:scratch2: