View Full Version : B movie "beutiful women on a deserted island"

Earlsays
01-20-2007, 10:50 PM
A long time ago, I saw this movie on TV, kinda late night, and basically what it was, was, a few women stranded on this deserted island, the chicks all had names like "snow" and "flower" and "rain" stuff like that...there was an older girl who controlled them by telling them that "sister" would hurt them, story turned out that they had been involved in an airplane crash as very very little girls and all where killed except the girls, and the older girl, "sister" turned out to be a nun onboard the plane, who died shortly after the crash. A couple middle aged men somehow get stuck on the island, and the girls are pressured or plan to kill them becuase accrodign to them "men are evil" eventually they get off the island, does anyone recall a movie like this? I had the title to it & found it a couple years ago, however, I canot remember anything about the title...anybody know?

thanx

Earl

bitemebaby5
01-02-2009, 12:52 PM
it is quite literally called 'mysterious island of beautiful women" and its from 1979. you can usually find it for borrowing at your local library. here is a link for the cast and who starred in it. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0079598/

avguytx
01-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Um....it's been 2 years. Talk about digging up an old post.

John in MA
01-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Message board necromancy.

Pyrrho
01-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Um....it's been 2 years. Talk about digging up an old post.

Evidently, it took a long time to research the answer, since it was the first reply to the question.

tensleep
01-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Evidently, it took a long time to research the answer, since it was the first reply to the question.

Nah, the switching time on that synapse is just reeeeeeel slloooooowww.

tensleep
01-02-2009, 01:40 PM
:lmao:Message board necromancy.

Fred Sanford
01-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Classic movie, possibly the worst one I've ever seen. It's a running joke with my brother, I've given it to him on VHS and now DVD.

Har-mon-i-ca.

Head chop chop.

Classic, I say. Never ever want to see it again.

je

onepixel
01-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Message board necromancy.

:lmao:

bitemebaby5
01-02-2009, 05:35 PM
haha actually, i stumbled across this by accident day before yesterday and just answered it for $hits and giggles since i thought it was a cute little post....and you all certainly took it and ran with it....but alas, like most moms i cant resist the urge to answer a question when the answer doesnt begin with the phrase "i dont know so go ask your father" lol....

Pyrrho
01-02-2009, 06:32 PM
haha actually, i stumbled across this by accident day before yesterday and just answered it for $hits and giggles since i thought it was a cute little post....and you all certainly took it and ran with it....but alas, like most moms i cant resist the urge to answer a question when the answer doesnt begin with the phrase "i dont know so go ask your father" lol....

I say, good for you! Every now and then when I am searching on line for some information or other, what the search engines locate is someone else asking the question years ago, but with no answer. Even if the original person never sees this, someone else might find just what they wanted to know. As for this film, I had never even heard of it before now, and it looks like it is something I don't need to ever see. But still I think it is good to answer previously unanswered questions like this when one can.

John in MA
01-02-2009, 06:50 PM
I actually saw part of this movie on TV years ago. I don't remember the details well enough to say how bad it was.

Fred Sanford
01-02-2009, 08:31 PM
I actually saw part of this movie on TV years ago. I don't remember the details well enough to say how bad it was.

You remember, you're just suppressing the painful memories. :tears:

je

Earlsays
01-25-2009, 03:53 AM
WOW....this is funny...first time I've logged on and posted here in quite a while...I actually found out what the movie was, and bought a copy on DVD right after I initially posted this...I watched it once, laughed my ass off while cringing at how bad the uh, "film" was....I recently watched it again...I died a little on the inside. :tears:

Arkay
01-25-2009, 04:36 AM
I'll update this with another, vaguely similar one: two days ago I watched another two movies from a "50 Classic Horror Movies" DVD boxed set I got for Christmas, and one of them was "Island of Lost Women".

It's almost as bad; a couple guys running from the police are marooned on an Island that is almost, but not entirely cut off from civilization; there is supposed to be a boat once a week. The women are pearl divers, and the boat comes to pick up the pearls, but otherwise they are isolated. The island is populated entirely by women and run by one particularly bad one. It's like a religious cult (heavily influenced by Hawaiian tradition; it was filmed in Hawaii).

The men are concerned about being captured by the police when the boat comes, and want to escape the island before then. One of the men gets "close to" one of the girls, and they plot to escape on an old boat they've found, and sail it to another island where they can hide until "the heat is off".

The old lady sees the two getting close, and condemns to girl to be sacrificed to a god, which amounts to being tied up and thrown to a shark... I won't bore you with the details; it's another stinker! :thumbsdn: Just thought the titles were quite close.

screenersam
01-25-2009, 01:58 PM
I'll update this with another, vaguely similar one: two days ago I watched another two movies from a "50 Classic Horror Movies" DVD boxed set I got for Christmas, and one of them was "Island of Lost Women".

It's almost as bad; a couple guys running from the police are marooned on an Island that is almost, but not entirely cut off from civilization; there is supposed to be a boat once a week. The women are pearl divers, and the boat comes to pick up the pearls, but otherwise they are isolated. The island is populated entirely by women and run by one particularly bad one. It's like a religious cult (heavily influenced by Hawaiian tradition; it was filmed in Hawaii).

The men are concerned about being captured by the police when the boat comes, and want to escape the island before then. One of the men gets "close to" one of the girls, and they plot to escape on an old boat they've found, and sail it to another island where they can hide until "the heat is off".

The old lady sees the two getting close, and condemns to girl to be sacrificed to a god, which amounts to being tied up and thrown to a shark... I won't bore you with the details; it's another stinker! :thumbsdn: Just thought the titles were quite close.

'She Gods of Shark Reef', a late-50s Roger Corman groaner.

rsfmotoman
01-25-2009, 02:05 PM
I wonder if Joel & the bots ever covered this movie if its as bad as everyone thinks?

I have not seen it but is seems perfect fodder for MST3000!

I love that show. :yes:

screenersam
01-25-2009, 04:52 PM
I wonder if Joel & the bots ever covered this movie if its as bad as everyone thinks?

I have not seen it but is seems perfect fodder for MST3000!

I love that show. :yes:

I think they considered it. yes, it woulda been perfect for them.

Earlsays
01-25-2009, 09:52 PM
I saw one the other day....it was PAINFUL...It's called "Space Girls From Beyond Infinity"

:no: terrible.