View Full Version : those remote control collectors

drh4683
09-18-2003, 11:17 PM
Im kinda venting here, but I cannot understand the point of strictly collecting remote controls. I loose out on the remotes that I NEED to have for the remote sets Ive got. Its funny, I email the high bidder and they never want to sell the darn thing for a higher price, when I acutally need it as opposed to them just having it sit on a shelf doing nothing!
Doesnt it make more sense to have the TVs that the remotes are for? I keep all my remotes on top of one of my consoles, they are all together so they dont get lost. I certinaly have alot less remotes than the collectors, but I have the TV that the remotes are for! Ive only got 7 sets out of a collection of about 35 that have remote options. My current list of remote sets is RCA and Zenith:
4 zenith sets (sc200,300,400,600) and 3 RCA's (ctc11, ctc31, kcs160 (portable b/w). Soon to be picking up a table sc300 set from dwight this weekend.

Charlie
09-19-2003, 01:53 AM
How weird... to only collect remotes. Sure, they're cool looking, but to just display remotes with no TV? Hmmm... and I thought we were a little weird! :eek:

captainmoody
09-19-2003, 07:57 AM
I sold a SC500 remote to a guy on ebay, He has over 100 of them and no sets to use them on.
Seems kinda funny, But what the heck....

Rob
09-19-2003, 08:39 AM
Doug,

I also have been frustrated trying to bid against remote control collectors for the occasional remote I require to make one of my very few remote option sets complete.