View Full Version : 21axp22

wiseguy
09-05-2003, 08:23 AM
i got the status of a 21axp22 that has been waiting a rebuild for almost a year.. it was a success!!..i should have it back next week..
this is for the ctc-5 i am working on.. but i also have another dud 21axp22 that has white getters..i hate to toss it as i think this will be a real rare tube again like the 15gp22..
so what would you guys do...? toss it or sell it as it is like on e-bay or something..?
i also have a rebuilt 21fb22 with safety glass that has perfect emmision that i will be needing to get out of my garage..
any takers on that?
terry

rcaman
09-05-2003, 03:15 PM
how much for the 21fbp22. steve

Rob
09-05-2003, 06:56 PM
Terry,

Too bad the getters are white on that 21AXP22. That surely means there is a leak somewhere in one of the two glass-metal seals. If this is the case there is likely no way the rebuilder can seal this tube to withstand the bakeout heat the entire tube will need in the oven to try to recover the phosphor if that is possible.
The vacuum seal epoxies like you used won't handle the bake oven heat.

If this is true then what you have has no potential rebuild value and therefore is display only. Not much value for an ebay sale I think. Try listing it, you never know.

Who rebuilt your 21AXP22? Was it hawkeye?