View Full Version : I ponder-why not a video game section?

Ronald1973
11-18-2006, 01:15 AM
I've been wondering for a while-why don't we have a video game sub-forum? I realize that games aren't always known for audio quality, but it does fit right in to the television genre type of thing. I own a classic Atari 2600, complete with probably 150 games or so, plus an original NES Nintendo. It would be great to find others who like video games and maybe set up trading games and/or other things. We could also exchange ideas. For instance, I read somewhere that one could take a gamepad that was 9 pin (maybe a Sega?) and rewire it to work for Atari 2600.

So, mod's, would y'all consider looking into a video game section? :scratch2: Thanks!

retrokeeper
11-18-2006, 02:05 AM
I too am into videogames...over 5000 games for about 45 different videogaming systems.I not so sure we need to open up another forum for gamers,there are plenty of sites for that(Digital Press,Atari Age,GameFaq,and many others)...though,your right about the realm of videogames and tv's,and soundtracks on most games need to be played thru audio stereo systems to get the enhanced feeling of the game,especially in the audio sense,when you get them decoded on a surround system in 5.1 or better....so there is a "marriage" of sorts...I guess I could hook-up my SNES to my Kenwood :scratch2: :music: Rob

herbman1975
11-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Uh oh!

Someone suggesting a new forum. How long before the usual comedians begin talking about Brussell Sprouts and the like?

You see - AK is completely perfect just the way it is. There is no way it can be improved, like adding a forum for Marantz for example.

No, my friend, there will be no vintage video game forum. But be sure and check out the Infinity Loudspeaker forum. There is usually 1 person viewing it.

Donny
11-18-2006, 04:15 PM
A video game forum would be nice. BTW a sega master system or gen controller will work on an atari 2600 no rewire needed.

Ronald1973
11-18-2006, 11:29 PM
I too am into videogames...over 5000 games for about 45 different videogaming systems.I not so sure we need to open up another forum for gamers,there are plenty of sites for that(Digital Press,Atari Age,GameFaq,and many others)...though,your right about the realm of videogames and tv's,and soundtracks on most games need to be played thru audio stereo systems to get the enhanced feeling of the game,especially in the audio sense,when you get them decoded on a surround system in 5.1 or better....so there is a "marriage" of sorts...I guess I could hook-up my SNES to my Kenwood :scratch2: :music: Rob
Okay, lol, so another forum wasn't the best suggestion, but maybe a subforum of of this one or something? :D

Ya know, I have one Atari game that sounds awesome hooked into my stereo-Megamania. It was made by Activision and has a lot of sound effects, at least for it's time, and comes across good. The other game that I love to hear through my speakers is the NES game, Dr. Mario. You can choose from two types of music-fever or chill. I believe it's "fever" that I like as it has sort of a disco-ish feel to it, lol! It sounds quite cool coming out of the speakers! :yes: