View Full Version : Picture tube question

Eric H
08-13-2003, 11:10 PM
Well I think I already know the answer to this but...

I was considering bidding on a 10BP4 on eBay, you may have seen it, it's missing the base cap.

I asked for a picture of the getter and he sent me this picture.

Doesn't look too promising does it?
Has anyone had a getter like this in a tube that worked?

Rob
08-13-2003, 11:16 PM
If the base cap is missing the wires could be very fragile near the entry point to the glass seal and might break trying to put a new base on. That and the getter issue, (what getter?) make this a pretty poor proposition IMO.

Probably not worth the money that shipping alone would cost. Or you could buy it and to save the money UPS would charge just have the seller smash the tube right there!

Rob

Kamakiri
08-14-2003, 06:20 AM
If you're in need of a 10*P4, I can see how that GE Locomotive's one is. I have no set plans of restoring it.

kc8adu
08-14-2003, 06:45 PM
looks like it has gone to air to me.

Eric H
08-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Hi Tim,

I don't have a pressing need for one, I was thinking I might get that one cheap because the cap was gone, always looking for a bargain :D

I do need one for the Motorola I just got, but I was planning on stealing one out of one of the 8-T-243's for that.

If you do decide to scrap that GE I would buy the tube from you, I wouldn't mind getting the face plate either since it's a round mask and mine is a rectangular.

If you decide you want to fix it I have an extra cabinet that is a bit better than yours, it's cracked but not missing any pieces, at least not on the top.

Originally posted by Kamakiri
If you're in need of a 10*P4, I can see how that GE Locomotive's one is. I have no set plans of restoring it.

Tony V
08-15-2003, 01:56 AM
Hi Tim and Eric,
I have a need for a GE locamotive cabinet if one of you would want to part with yours. Cracks dont matter as long as the cabinet and front glass is all there. I have a working chassis and crt for one :D Any cabinet is better than none since i'm going to keep it for myself anyway. Just let me know.
Tony