View Full Version : Black Dahlia

Jim Eck
10-19-2006, 07:40 AM
I rented the Black Dahlia Sunday, has anyone else seen it? Is it just me that thought it SUCKED?

Even for a hackem up movie I thought it was pretty bad. I failed to see the need to show the repeated torture/mutilations and the poor acting of all really makes this film a dud. :thumbsdn:

Just my opinion.

Jim

Sandy G
10-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Thank you, Jim, I'd THOUGHT I wanted to see that one-I really liked the '75 made-for-TV movie starring Efrem Zimbalist & Luci Arnaz, but now I guess I'll pass...

Celt
10-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the heads up. Will cross it off my *to do* list. Was hoping they'd have done it in the film noir fashion of old.

jleon92f
11-04-2006, 09:00 PM
I rented the Black Dahlia Sunday, has anyone else seen it? Is it just me that thought it SUCKED?

Even for a hackem up movie I thought it was pretty bad. I failed to see the need to show the repeated torture/mutilations and the poor acting of all really makes this film a dud. :thumbsdn:

Just my opinion.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I did not know that this was available to rent yet? :scratch2:

John. :music:

Andyman
11-04-2006, 09:06 PM
I did not know that this was available to rent yet? :scratch2:

I haven't seen it, but given Jim's review maybe it's appearance on the rental scene is appropriate :yes:

thedelihaus
11-04-2006, 11:55 PM
Crap- that was fast- from theatre to rental in no time.

I've been intrigued by true crime stories, and this mureder especially, for some time. Seems this may not live up to my expectations.

But I'm too intrigued not to rent it... even if it's bad...

Jim Eck
11-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Yes, it is avalible to rent, do not let children watch this movie, the numerous times with the girl in pigtails and bobby socks dancing with cut off body parts is not my idea of entertainment, not to mention the gentleman in the football helmet and his helper the guy in the leather hood with the brace for drilling holes in young women and disemboweling them followed by the sawsalll for cutting them all up. :yuck:

Jim