View Full Version : WOW! I'm goin after this one!!!

jpdylon
10-12-2006, 10:57 AM
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ele/217737860.html

look at that cabinet! Hope I can get ahold of it :yes:

http://a.im.craigslist.org/8o/PT/Hs42ijclmwuAkpS8umoqXMleuu9E.jpg

kx250rider
10-12-2006, 11:52 PM
Hey that's a CLEAN set!!!! I first thought it looked like a Kaye-Halbert. I think that set has a very rare CRT in it... 20" not 21". It would be a 20CP4. I can tell by the very straight sides on the screen. But it might have a 21" retrofitted because they only had the 20 for a couple of years.

Charles

jpdylon
10-12-2006, 11:59 PM
I haven't heard back from the seller yet :( but I'm still hoping its there.

Fisher-Dave
10-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Nice piece of history. Nice find for only 20.00. Those old tube models don't show up in these parts even not working. Being it works makes it all the better,and for just 20 bucks,,wow.Hope you made it in time :thmbsp:

jpdylon
10-13-2006, 12:41 PM
well this pisses me off.

I finally hear back from the seller claiming my e-mail was in his spam folder, even though I have a cox.net address like he does. Then he tells me he is listing it on ebay and its up to 186.00, and yet after doing extensive searcing I can find nothing in sd that is a silvertone set.

Translation: I really want 200 dollars for it, but I'm just f**kin with people.

Just want to strangle him :gigglemad:

Sandy G
10-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah, Jordan, that's pretty sh*tty..Jackass...

Tony V
10-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Man that sucks bud! The ebay curse claims another one.
-Tony

Celadon
10-13-2006, 02:00 PM
That really sucks!

kx250rider
10-14-2006, 02:12 AM
Get the eBay number, post it here, and I bet a bunch of people "overseas" with zero feedback will suddenly drive that price right up to $4500.00, or so. eBay will make a nice seller fee on that :thmbsp:

Charles

jpdylon
10-14-2006, 10:33 AM
that's just the thing. The seller never gave me a link, and I could find no such set even after doing some extensive searching on ebay. Its just one of those BS sellers who want to get more by getting people interested first.

kx250rider
10-14-2006, 12:43 PM
You know what... Reading his original CL ad, I see things that make me think it's a fake ad, possibly.

First, why would he say it's working perfectly but needs a tube (that's an oxymoron). but putting that aside, and if he has the tube, why not install it? No screwdrivers in La Mesa???? And if it IS working perfectly, it has to have been recapped. If THAT was done, then it wouldn't be $20. Could be that he thinks it's a $1000 set, and he thought he'd work up a frenzy of interested collectors who would eMail him repeatedly with higher and higher offers, eBay not even involved.

Or this might be anything from a nasty prank to a husband & wife issue "Honey, sell that TV and buy me a new washing machine or you get the couch!" So husband says "OK, I'll try to sell it". Seller ignores offers, then tells wife "See, nobody will buy it for any cash, I like it, and now I get to keep it"

There are some unhappy people out there who get off on screwing with others just for fun. But to invoke the very name of our board here; KARMA takes care of those people eventually.

Charles