View Full Version : Sony pro models?

Clmrt
10-10-2006, 02:13 PM
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ele/217824272.html

I'm not looking for value or score factor, just consensus / validation that this is good hardware.

I'm waiting for a model # (EDIT - PVM-3230) but I doubt I'll get it before I go to view it later today.

I have a 27" V-series that I love and this would replace a Toshiba in my basement...

:scratch2:

Duane
10-10-2006, 04:34 PM
The PVM -xx30 models are exceptional in their picture quality.I own a PVM-2030 and use it in the bedroom.I've seen the PVM-2530 and it's steller.There's no reason why the 3230 is any different.There have been posters here who have the 3230 and they say the same.Keep in mind these are professional and each input has a dedicated output.No switching the inputs to a common output.But,this can be done elsewhere.I also use a Sony
tuner (ST-72TV) for the cable input,works just like a built in TV tuner.The remote is an RM-U72 which allows for all picture adjustments to be made from the remote vs. using the side touch panel controls.

The picture quality is very good.Better than almost all Sony consumer sets I've seen or calibrated with the exception being the XBR100.
I've actually been looking for a 3230 locally and maybe use it as the everyday set.
Call the person up and ask for a demonstration.Look for screen burns or any other picture issues.For $50 or less,it would be worth the look.

colorfixer
10-13-2006, 02:23 AM
You can't begin appreciate the performance of these monitors on cable or off a tuner. I run my PVM off a Dishnet receiver and the difference over cable is like day and night.

If you can, find a PVM-2950, they are a little more modern, and consumer friendly, since they have component and S-Video. They also have a better tube.

I was a caretaker for a fleet of 2030 and 2530's. Be careful that the unit doesn't have issues with the Ub board and linearity problems, since these can be expensive to fix.

Clmrt
10-13-2006, 04:11 AM
I wound up not getting it. There wasn't enough reason to go through all the work for an unknown benefit.

But it's still there!