View Full Version : RCA Roundie combo on eBay

Eric H
10-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Looks nice!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-RCA-New-Vista-Color-TV-Stereo-Luxury-Console_W0QQitemZ230036469600QQihZ013QQcategoryZ73 374QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item230036469600

jpdylon
10-06-2006, 09:29 PM
It does look good. Get that catarac fixed and it will be all the better.

Carmine
10-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Wow.. that is a great looking set. I love the RCA's with the tuners like that.

polaraman
10-06-2006, 11:10 PM
What a beautiful monster it is!!! I wonder what the dimensions are on the set? I would love to have a roundie combo but this set is too far away.

polaraman

Tony V
10-07-2006, 01:13 AM
I had a combo identical to this when i was a teenager and always regretted getting rid of it. If it were closer i would snatch it up in a second! The stereo sounds great on this model and although its a smaller combo than some it weigh's a ton! I'm still bouncing it around.....lol
-Tony

jstout66
10-07-2006, 07:25 AM
hummmm... about 500 miles 1 way for me. The set has a CTC-16L chassis (early production)

Sandy G
10-07-2006, 08:02 AM
Man ! Beautiful set !! Does it scream "Early '60s" or what ?!? <grin>

wiseguy
10-07-2006, 07:41 PM
about 65 miles from me.. NO you are not talking me into it..LOL

Sandy G
10-07-2006, 07:49 PM
(In thick Indeterminate Eastern European accent) "Wiseguy--Joo vant me..Joo NEEDT me...I mek ze pritty Lollye-Pop Culler TeeVee Peecshurs for joo...I vant to mekkingk ze home in yer Haus...Pleez to be Biddink on me, Dahlink..."

drh4683
10-08-2006, 08:16 AM
This is a very nice set. Greenfeild is about 80 miles from me. I might be able to save it. I have no combos in the collection. Sounds like the CRT is weak......

jstout66
10-08-2006, 10:00 AM
or the video output tube. Doug, You should get it! Even if it is a weak CRT at least you could rejuvinate it. It's got that cool style turntable as well......

Steve Hoffman
10-08-2006, 12:37 PM
They should throw in that Lovin' Spoonful 45 on the turntable as well. I bet it would sound good on that boomer.

Someone grab it!

wiseguy
10-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Maybe there's a free mouse inside..:)

Bobby Brady
10-11-2006, 04:47 AM
He may never find another!
That is a very interesting design. From the ads I've seen, I think it's a '64 model. Interestingly to me, it has a fancy looking control panel but apparently was not offered with remote control.
It'a a very sharp looking set!

drh4683
10-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Ok, who's tvpakrat? Or is this a shill bid? Another ebay zero bidding like crazy. I watch all these auctions of sets and they dont go for much. Whenever one is close by and Im interested the price suddenly goes way up. Some kind of ebay jinx. Im overloaded as it is. Like I really needed a combo anyway.

Bobby Brady
10-12-2006, 08:26 PM
That neat looking sticker on the back of the set must have been on the bottom of the picture tube when new?
It would be neat to have reproductions of such stickers for presenting certain sets.

bgadow
10-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Neat! I've never seen that sticker...something that was stuck on there in the showroom like a hang-tag maybe?

Bobby Brady
10-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Ok, who's tvpakrat? Or is this a shill bid? Another ebay zero bidding like crazy. I watch all these auctions of sets and they dont go for much. Whenever one is close by and Im interested the price suddenly goes way up. Some kind of ebay jinx. Im overloaded as it is. Like I really needed a combo anyway.

I suspect tvpakrat is the owner of the combo and has an established ebayer selling it for him. He gets a new account to bid so it doesn't sell to cheap. I wish he had a reserve price but he is probably hoping for someone like me when I have money to buy. I think if tvpakrat wins the bid that it may become relisted. With a name like tvpakrat he likely has a collection.
I wish I could get to where it is because I would like to buy it if only for that sticker on the back!

Tony V
10-13-2006, 01:25 PM
TVpakrat sent it over my budget but at least i saved the pics from the auction as i'll probably never see another one. I keep kicking myself for letting the last one go as it was a good performer.
-Tony

Steve D.
10-13-2006, 03:22 PM
That neat looking sticker on the back of the set must have been on the bottom of the picture tube when new?
It would be neat to have reproductions of such stickers for presenting certain sets.

Bobby,

I remember seeing these stickers plastered on the face of the tube. A lower corner usually. Most manufactuers did this in one form or another. Either supplying the dealer or sticking them on at the factory. Perhaps you can contact the winning bidder and he will scan the sticker for you. It's not that large.

-Steve D.

drh4683
10-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Ok, Im weak and caved in and bid on the set and won the auction. It'll be my first combo. Now I definitly need to make room. That means a few sets will need to go to new homes. Dont know which ones yet.... I want to put this set in place of the space command 600 console thats been my daily watcher for the past 2 years non stop and has been working almost perfect. Time to give it a break for a while. Hopefully this combo can be put to the test and survive without multiple breakdowns.....
My only hope are two things: The CRT is good, and a hopefully a relativly low hour set (no charred pc boards and/or rigged up components). You will all soon find out!

Tony V
10-14-2006, 12:35 AM
We're looking forward to it Doug! I'm happy that your the one that ended up with it as i know it will be well taken care of.
-Tony

captainmoody
10-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Glad you ended up with that one as well! I was afraid some amateur would get it and "attempt" to restore/repair it to death! Or the other worse case, someone that wants it as a "display" then ends up throwing it out a year or so later. These sets need to be saved, restored (To original!) and displayed for people to see, and not hoarded in a musty garage/basement stacked on top of one another!
BTW, Doug plans on setting up a television museum sometime in the near future and I look forward to it!