View Full Version : Hollywoodland

Eric H
09-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Finally, a Ben Affleck film that doesn't suck!

I saw this on Saturday and thought it was actually quite good.

A fictional private eye (Adrian Brody) explores the possibility that George Reeves death was murder or an accident rather than suicide. It offers up some intriguing ideas.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427969/

jpdylon
09-10-2006, 07:55 PM
good to hear. I look forward to seeing it, but I didn't want to have to spend the $$$ to find out it might have sucked

Sandy G
09-10-2006, 08:12 PM
The one I wanna see is the one about The Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short. That has fascinated me ever since I saw the 1975 Efrem Zimbalist/Lucie Arnaz made-for-TV movie about it. I remember I was packing to leave for freshman year @ college the night it came on. I remember it had the most haunting score by Dominic Frontiere, the same guy who did the music for the original Outer Limits. But "Superman's" death has always got me, too- George Reeves seemingly had everything to want to live for. Since I DETEST going to movies, putting up with screaming infants, unruly teenagers, & God-knows-what you're sitting in/on, I'll wait til they come out on tape/DVD.

SDA SRS 1.2
09-11-2006, 12:10 PM
Saw it Sat. also. As a big George Reeves fan, I was concerned as to how they would portray his story. Thought it was very well done.

thedelihaus
09-12-2006, 05:23 AM
Thanks. I look forward to seeing both this and the Black Dahlia movies. hopefully, back to back.

soundmotor
09-12-2006, 04:04 PM
The one I wanna see is the one about The Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short. That has fascinated me ever since I saw the 1975 Efrem Zimbalist/Lucie Arnaz made-for-TV movie about it. I remember I was packing to leave for freshman year @ college the night it came on. I remember it had the most haunting score by Dominic Frontiere, the same guy who did the music for the original Outer Limits. But "Superman's" death has always got me, too- George Reeves seemingly had everything to want to live for. Since I DETEST going to movies, putting up with screaming infants, unruly teenagers, & God-knows-what you're sitting in/on, I'll wait til they come out on tape/DVD.

I am very interested in this movie. It isn't the first one to be made on the topic either. "True Confessions" w/ Deniro & Duval is worth seeing in its own right. I can recall my mom talking about the Black Dahlia when I was growing up. She was in her 20's and living in LA when it happened & every girl thought they were a target after it happened.