View Full Version : Toshiba CZ2685 circa 1985

eThink
08-30-2006, 10:28 PM
I have owned this TV for the past 20 years. It was designed as a "monitor/receiver" with a wide a array of AV jacks in the back and the front of the set.

This unit has been in daily service for the past 20 years. During this timeframe, the unit was repaired twice. To be fair, I have always used the cable box tuner and I have run the audio output thru my hoe sound system.

What amazes me is the great picture that is produced on the set, especially when playing DVDs. My DVD connection via RCA-type patch cords; this Toshiba did NOT have an S-Video connection.

Does anyone have an knowledge about the Toshiba CZ-2685? I have never found any discussions about this unit. :scratch2:

dr.ido
08-31-2006, 02:09 AM
I don't know your particular set, but some of the high end monitor type sets have RGB and/or Y/C inputs though they may be on unfamilar connectors. I know a Sony I had that would be just as old had an RGB input on an odd connector. Others I've seen have a Y/C input via 2 RCA sockets.

If you're DVD player has the right outputs you may be able to get an even better picture by wiring up the appropriate cable.