View Full Version : it's still raining in cincy.

rca2000
07-14-2003, 11:25 PM
as in "old tv sets."I have acquired three old sets, in just the last month, a ctc-16 rca, that big zenith roundie 25lc20 from e-bay, and now this. I just found a magnavox t979 solid state from '72 or'73. It is their first solid state color set, and is fully modular. I saw it in the garbage, and passed it up, because I thought it was too new, but my curiousuty got the best of me, so I circled back around, and checked it out. when I found out what it was, I just couldn't let it go to the 'fill. I really don't have room for it, but i'll make room somewhere, later in the week. I do have a chassis like it ,from a set I owned before, in one of my storage garages.

The set is in a light maple cabinet, in good condition. It appears to be unmolested. I have only had one of these before, about 15 years ago, and it was in a big ,ugly blond cabinet, in bad need of refinishing, with a VERY bad crt.

By the way ,this set has instant-on, and a switch on the rear,to defeat the feature.

captainmoody
07-15-2003, 09:01 AM
You say it is raining old sets for you? I could help and turn that into a flood!
Come up here to Detroit and I will give you 5 or 10 more!!