View Full Version : The Devil Wears Prada

Whitehall
07-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Not bad and definitely cute. My girls seemed to like it (14 and 10) and it had some good messages about work ethics, taking the little cuts in life, and commitment to the job. Also some reality about ambition, its costs and its attractions.

Finally a realistic and appropriate gay character! As the co-editor of a fashion magazine, what would you expect - John Wayne? No need for gratituous messages here.

Still, why do all the hetero male characters have to be half-shaven? Don't they know about battery-powered electric razors in New York?

Much better than "Pirates."

The air conditioning was also a major attraction (again).

jcmjrt
07-25-2006, 06:02 PM
The air conditioning was also a major attraction (again).

Now that makes me want to go see a movie!

slow_jazz
08-15-2006, 03:54 PM
i thought meryl streep was great in the movie. definitely an oscar performance for her.

the rest of the cast was good also including anne hathaway. it was good to see her character get sucked into the job and lose her previous identity.

2DualsNotEnough
09-03-2006, 03:09 PM
I liked seeing Anne Hathaway wearing all those cool clothes.Speaking of gay characters,I was wondering if anyone else thought that her male friend that knew all about the magazine,and fashion in general,was gay?At one point,another friend tells him she wants him to meet someone,and its never said whether the person is male or female.
I loved the movie,BTW,even if the story was very formula,which I dont think is a bad thing in this type of movie.
Jimmy