View Full Version : Compucat To Captain Moody, Come In, Over.

compucat
07-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Captain,

Any word on that 18" metal Zenith? I really am intersted in it. Could you post some pics and let me know what you want for it?

captainmoody
07-24-2006, 07:05 AM
My digital camera is out at the moment, there is a pic (I believe) further back in a thread titled "portable zenith color find"

Bobby Brady
07-24-2006, 08:26 AM
but I could not find it. It is identical to the one I pictured here but a different year model
Rumor has it that captainmoody wants you to have that set so bad he would pay you to get it!
Who said that... oh, a little bird.
You better get it while you can!

compucat
07-24-2006, 08:55 AM
The set in the pic is exactly what I'm looking for. Captain, let's work something out. I have been wanting one of those for twenty years since I worked on one back in the early eighties. What a picture it had and built like a tank.

captainmoody
07-24-2006, 12:42 PM
Shipping is only going to be expensive and possibly fatal for the set, how about the AK pony express?

compucat
07-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Shipping is only going to be expensive and possibly fatal for the set, how about the AK pony express?

Is is possible to send it via Greyhound?

What about pulling the chassis and shipping cabinet and chassis separately. I could reassemble it on this end. Even if the CRT had to be shipped in its own box that would be OK. I'd rather pay for two or three boxes and do a little reassembly work on this end to ensure safe arrival. What do you think?

captainmoody
07-24-2006, 05:36 PM
I would rather not get into total disassembly on that thing, not really worth all the bother to me anyway.
You can have the set for free, but someone would have to pick it up from my house. I now have back problems from too many years of lifting these boatanchors.

compucat
07-25-2006, 07:14 AM
I really wish I could get that set but it looks like I'll have to pass. It is just too far away from me. I appreciate the offer, though. I do happen to know that "Bobby Brady" is looking for one like that. May he is closer.

Bobby Brady
07-25-2006, 09:50 AM
I remember disassembling one of those and I thought it was much trouble with those 1/4" screws way towards the front mask. Then the cabinet is real easy to bend when it is apart from the chassis.
I am sorry Compucat couldn't get it but it is probably not the last one on earth.
I would love to have it! I know you can't hold it if somenone else comes along but I am going to try to find a shipper who will come to you. We had chatted a while back and I was going to look but one day turned into two months! I would still like the option to get it and I will check on that AK pony express.
If I get the set I would preserve it properly and use it sparingly until I get the same set with the white vinyl covering the cabinet and then it would be available to anybody here.