View Full Version : Zenith Magnavox on eBay

Eric H
07-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Whatever, seller can't make up his mind:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-MAGNAVOX-CONSOLE-TV-RADIO-LP-PLAYER-WORKING_W0QQitemZ200009219360QQihZ010QQcategoryZ36 38QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

P.S. It's a Maggie.

TV Engineer
07-20-2006, 05:20 PM
The Motherlode!

This set sports the famous 8 function search tune remote, a 40 watt stereo chassis, 15" woofers and horn tweeters. In short, this was the top of Magnavox's line for 1967-68. I had one when I was a teenager. I got it working perfectly, and used it for a couple of years before turning it over to a close friend as a wedding gift. It was sooooooooooo cool!!

If someone can suggest how I might get this shipped back to Jersey City without having to mortgage the house, I'll buy it. If not, please, someone else save it. It is far too good (and pretty rare) for it to wind up in a junk heap.

Suggestions?

jeffw
07-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Dang.That looks almost just like the one in my living room.Something I inherited,I didn't realize that it was quite that old.

A nice unit,Grandmother player used it daily until 2001 or so.

It might be kinda neat to have two of them-kinda like really big bookends.:)

glen65
07-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Whatever, seller can't make up his mind:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-MAGNAVOX-CONSOLE-TV-RADIO-LP-PLAYER-WORKING_W0QQitemZ200009219360QQihZ010QQcategoryZ36 38QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

P.S. It's a Maggie.

The seller probably doesn’t even know the difference.
It seems like anymore when someone has some old thing
that’s been rotting in their basement or garage they toss it
on eBay and slap the word "vintage" on it. I used to pull the
speakers and maybe some of the guts on those and throw the rest
in the junk. In fact I think I still have a pair of 10 inch drivers
from one of those sets.

drh4683
07-20-2006, 06:48 PM
I gave this exact same model to captianmoody a few years ago. Very nice set. One of the heaviest console's Ive ever lifted in my life. I can lift pretty heavy stuff and move it around no problem most of the time, but this set really put me to the test and I could barely make it. I'll never touch one of these again! I dont think dwight will be moving his around either!

Radiophile2001
07-24-2006, 03:05 PM
The Motherlode!

This set sports the famous 8 function search tune remote, a 40 watt stereo chassis, 15" woofers and horn tweeters. In short, this was the top of Magnavox's line for 1967-68. I had one when I was a teenager. I got it working perfectly, and used it for a couple of years before turning it over to a close friend as a wedding gift. It was sooooooooooo cool!!

If someone can suggest how I might get this shipped back to Jersey City without having to mortgage the house, I'll buy it. If not, please, someone else save it. It is far too good (and pretty rare) for it to wind up in a junk heap.

Suggestions?

Ebay can ship anything, but they may have to crate it on their end....

Try this and call the 800-number.

http://ebay.freightquote.com/

Carl

captainmoody
07-24-2006, 05:40 PM
I really like my mag combo, but as Doug says, it won't be moving from where it's at! Thank God it at least has wheels so I can move it away from the wall for occasional servicing...

vintagecollect
07-24-2006, 06:15 PM