View Full Version : anyone seen a prarie home companion?

Icon
07-11-2006, 02:31 AM
draging my girlfriend to it next week sometime and i just wanted some trusted opinions as none of my friends in the 20 year old croud even care to go?

good, bad, or otherwise ?

2DualsNotEnough
07-11-2006, 03:49 AM
I saw it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.Its a Robert Altman film,so the structure is pretty loose,and I think at least half of the movie is performed songs.
Lindsay Lohan was much better than I expected,and Woody Harrelson was great as part of a pair of singing cowboys.
And Kevin Kline was great as a clueless detective and security chief.
Jimmy

Holst
10-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Got the DVD over the weekend, it's "Pretty Good". It's a slow moving film even though several characters die.

If your into action/special effects films, you'll hate it.

Lot's of extra's.

Celt
10-17-2006, 02:07 PM
My Netflix copy arrived in today's mail! Keeping my fingers crossed that it's good.

WhiteSE
10-17-2006, 05:34 PM
i slept,,,i love the radio show, but the movie stunk in my opinion....

cabinover
10-17-2006, 06:10 PM
I knew someone was gonna say that before long. I too love the radio show but was trying to figure out just how you could make it into a movie. Maybe if it rains all weekend I'll watch it in between nodding off.

Filmboydoug
10-17-2006, 08:52 PM
I heard about five minutes of the radio program once. I would rather have a flaming porqupine jammed right up my ass than than watch that movie. Or listen to another five minutes of the radio show.

bordeno
10-18-2006, 07:15 AM
Might watch it just for Lindsay. She's foxy, all reet.

Retro Stereo
10-18-2006, 07:35 AM
I went and saw it at the movie theater and thought is was great.

Ironicly, I was at the Fitzgerald Theatre Monday night for an Ian Anderson/JethroTull orchestral concert. Took my college-aged daughter with me and ate at "Mickey's Diner" before the show.

So, when you guys watch the movie, look for the "Mickey's Diner" scene and check out the Fitzgerald Theatre, cool places, both of them!

Retro

Eric H
10-18-2006, 10:29 AM
I liked it but then I'm a 47 year old geezer. :sigh:
It's definitely an Altman film with a very loose improv feel to it.
Great performances all around.