View Full Version : I got another roundie, too.

rca2000
06-16-2003, 10:13 PM
When I got to the small repair shop that I do work for today, I was more than pleasently surprised to find an rca ctc-16xl roundie waiting for me. The shop had removed it from the basement of a house where it was unwanted. so, now, it WILL be in a place where it is wanted. The cabinet is a cheaper wood one with screw on wood legs, and is in pretty good condition. The crt has a slight cataract, but is not too bad,yet. I looked it over, and fired it up, cautiuosly, and I get high voltage, and a picture, with hum-bars, and some sound. So, it appears I have a good flyback,(it is not getting hot) and crt,so all in all, it was a pretty good deal, considering the price(free)

I do not have a digital camera yet, so I can't show pictures. But, I plan to get one soon, and show all of my roundies, and other sets.

At the same place I got the rca ctc16, there is ALSO an RCA ctc7aa set , IN A NICE CABINET, that I may be able to acquire soon. I have already checked the 21cyp22 in it, AND, IT HAS VERY GOOD EMISSION!!

The same shop ALSO has several old b-w round sets, (RCA 8t-241, 9 t-240, 6t-54,2-t-60,) and it looks like they will be mine soon, also.(except for 2 predicta sets)

Charlie
06-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Wow, sounds like you hit the jackpot at this shop! :thmbsp: You'll be busy with the truck this week! Seems quite a few of us have been reeling them in lately. Hopefully this will last a while. Think of all the space we're saving at the landfills! :smoke: