View Full Version : Mst3k...soultaker!

Earlsays
06-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Alright people, there must be people here who are fans of this series....this is a really horrible movie, but it's insanely funny with the mystery science theater 3000 commentary thrown in...AND...for you audio freaks out there....a scene where somebody is shown turning up the volume on a crappy 80s receiver they say "yeeeeahhhh crank that sansui" :thmbsp: who here likes this show?

fotno
06-12-2006, 06:08 AM
Huge MST3K fan... I nearly went into mourning when the last episodes were shown on The SciFi Channel. I think MST3K is one of those ideas that people either love or hate, I happen to think it's genius level funny, my wife thinks it's the stupidest thing ever broadcast. No accounting for taste I guess...

Jesse Garron
06-12-2006, 11:41 AM
"I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the master is away."
Manos, hands of fate.

"Shrew be-gone... We're saved!"
Attack of the killer shrews

"I'll load the car"
"I'll load my pants"
Teenagers from out space

Love it! Netflix has a few available.

Filmboydoug
06-12-2006, 01:35 PM
"How do you like your scotch?"
"By the quart."

from Mitchell...

2DualsNotEnough
06-12-2006, 05:49 PM
A scene with a pretty girl and a scientist and an old station wagon:
"Looks like theres TWO woodies in this picture!"

Jesse Garron
06-12-2006, 06:05 PM
"You're late"
"And Don Fido is angry"

Sidehackers

Jesse Garron
06-12-2006, 06:07 PM
"Hello Ms. Pants! Ohhh"

Double O 007

retrokeeper
06-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Ah-ruffaroo...ah-Bow-Wow...."Prince of Space" :yes: Rob
(I have about 10 of the commercail releases and about 25 I taped of TV..love them all!!)

darthm00by
06-13-2006, 12:37 AM
Oh I wish I was in the land that gave us Peter Jennings
Alannis Morrisette, Mike Meyers too
No I take that back, I wouldn't go there even if you paid me
O Canada, you are a place I must eschew

Don't worry guys i still love Canada :tresbon:

Earlsays
06-13-2006, 12:42 AM
Okay, well, if we're going to do this....

"Well, maybe one of these days I"ll come and she'll be dead....oh hey! look! wow!"

redcoates7
06-13-2006, 11:41 AM
Such a fantastic show. Love it, and miss it...

I remember back at WPI a friend had actually built a Tom Servo and Crow out of some plans he found online. Came out really wonderfully!

JC

RussinOhio
06-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Huge fan here. I really miss that show when Sci-Fi channel was running it in the late 1990's. My Saturday nights just were not complete without my dose of Mike Nelson & his robot pals Tom Servo & Crow!!

Although it'd be great to have all the episodes on DVD, I'm still waiting for a cable channel to pick up the repeats. Surely someone will start running them again.

Russ

glen65
06-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Although it'd be great to have all the episodes on DVD, I'm still waiting for a cable channel to pick up the repeats. Surely someone will start running them again.

You would think they could squeeze it in on the Sci Fi channel.
But it seeems that Sci Fi thought it was more important to start
running ECW wrestling. :rolleyes:

Icon
06-13-2006, 11:15 PM
huge fan here too, i got one of the dvd packs with 5 epies in it, but they are so expensive... it would be much cheeper if they would just start rerunning them ;] i would watch

fotno
06-14-2006, 06:15 AM
Word has it (from reliable MST3K sources) that the legal rights the show bought allowing them to riff on those films has lapsed, and to re-purchase them would be exorbitant, since the owners now want huge money to allow the program to be sold or broadcast again. Which is the reason for the small number of available DVD's, and the total absence of the show on TV.

That Sucks!

von.ah
06-14-2006, 07:21 AM
Since we started with Soul Taker...
"No thanks, I'm just standing over here being John Stamos."

"I hate your crotch!"
Puma Man

ByrdWyngs
06-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Deep Hurting!

I'm a big fan and do have several of the DVD sets. Unfortunately due to the copyright licensing issues mentioned above it seems unlikely that a lot of of my favorite episodes will ever come out on DVD. There are/were more episodes available on VHS that came out before the licensing issues came up, and I may have to settle for those. Wish I'd known things were going to end up like this, I would have taped a few of the Turkey Day marathons on Comedy Central.

Push the button Frank.

jimmymagick
06-14-2006, 06:34 PM
From my favorite "Teenagers From Outer Space"

http://ranting_wacko.tripod.com/MSTsounds/spaceteen/torture.wav

jimmymagick
06-14-2006, 06:39 PM
A whole MST3000 site (seems completely unauthorized)

http://mst3k.booyaka.com/

Jesse Garron
06-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Derek killed your dog, Derek killed your dog!

Icon
06-14-2006, 11:36 PM
some people... they could get no money at all because the movies suck and no one is going to pay for them anyway, or they could take what they get offerd by the MST3K people... so they go with nothing... must be ruff to not know when to admit that your shit dose stink

Eric H
06-15-2006, 12:10 AM
MITCHELL! :lmao:

I love this show!

It's possible to get the complete series on DVD-r but the quality is somewhat lacking.

You can find them under Tape Trading on the Official MST3k Site

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/

Holst
06-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Word has it (from reliable MST3K sources) that the legal rights the show bought allowing them to riff on those films has lapsed, and to re-purchase them would be exorbitant, since the owners now want huge money to allow the program to be sold or broadcast again. Which is the reason for the small number of available DVD's, and the total absence of the show on TV.

That Sucks!

I heard the same thing. The movies they used were public domain, til' they used them. Why else would someone buy the rights to "Red Zone Cuba" and "Skydivers".

Eric H
06-18-2006, 09:17 PM
Rhino is releasing another set soon. :banana:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5872

Texas42
06-30-2006, 11:30 PM
"You fools! You're weapons have no effect on me!" :uzi:

Crankor from Prince of Space....