View Full Version : I Just Saw "Cars"

2DualsNotEnough
06-11-2006, 05:44 AM
I saw the new Pixar animated film "Cars" tonight at the late showing.I thought that it started rather weakly,but as it progressed it became very moving(pun not intended),very heartwarming.Being a racing fan,I loved all the cameos in the film.I loved that the race car voices were accompanied by their most famous cars in most cases.
And I dont think that its message will be lost on most AKers-that the past is to be cherished for the things it offers that we often forget about.
I think the adults in the theatre enjoyed it more than the kids.
Jimmy

fotno
06-11-2006, 06:06 AM
I think the adults in the theatre enjoyed it more than the kids.

I've found that to be true with every Pixar film I've seen. The kids come out having enjoyed the film and the experience, but it's the grownups that look misty-eyed and moved when they emerge from the theatre.

grumpy
06-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Took the kids to see it yesterday also. We all enjoyed it very much even though i thought the story line was a direct rip off of the movie Doc Hollywood with Mike J fox.

Graphics, cars and comedy were very good.

2DualsNotEnough
06-11-2006, 02:57 PM
Took the kids to see it yesterday also. We all enjoyed it very much even though i thought the story line was a direct rip off of the movie Doc Hollywood with Mike J fox.

Graphics, cars and comedy were very good.
Yeah,but the animated car playing the same part was a better actor than Michael J. Fox :D
Jimmy

grumpy
06-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Id have to disagree. Not a fan of that guy with the really messed up nose :)

2DualsNotEnough
06-11-2006, 03:32 PM
I often think its sad that some of the best dialogue and character writing in hollywood is done by Pixar for animated characters.
Jimmy

WhiteSE
06-11-2006, 03:37 PM
what do you mean????? Your not a fan of the Keanu Reeves Shakesperean delivery and breadth of delivery???

grumpy
06-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I was referring to the lead "car" who i think is played by Owen Wilson ? not sure of his last name.

2DualsNotEnough
06-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah,its Owen Wilson.

Duffinator
06-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Id have to disagree. Not a fan of that guy with the really messed up nose :)Oh come on, Owen Wilson was histerical in Wedding Crashers. :yes:

Just got back from taking my 4 year old twins to see Cars. They didn't laugh as much as I thought they would and I didn't laugh much either. The movie was good but not great IMO. Fortunately my kids have never seen Doc Hollywood. The animation was great but the plot was just not the same quality as other Pixar movies. But then after The Incredibles the only place for Pixar to go was down. Definately worth seeing though but just don't have your expectations too high, about the same quality as Over The Hedge.

uofmtiger
06-11-2006, 07:28 PM
I liked Owen in Wedding Crashers, too.

The themes in this movie go back to at least the Andy Griffith show. There was an episode with Bill Bixby where he goes from narcissistic brat to a responsible adult after receiving a speeding ticket. This movie has a lot of those same "small town" themes and I found it to be a pleasant movie. It does not have the flair of some of the other Pixar movies, but then again, the themes are supposed to take you back to a more innocent age.

The cast was perfect for their roles from Larry "The Cable Guy" to Paul Newman.

ProAc_Fan
06-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Well I'm $90 poorer but the movie was pretty good. It was my 3 yr old sons first visit to a theater and he loved it. Of course he's been waiting to see this movie for almost half his life so I'm hardly surprised. My favourite characters had to be Guido and his sidekick. Mater was perfectly voiced by Larry the Cable Guy. I don't think this movie will be a timeless classic like Toy Story but it was a great way to waste 2 hrs.

Mike

slow_jazz
06-12-2006, 12:14 PM
i saw the movie over the weekend and really loved it. i thought the opening race scene was fantastic. great to see richard petty's superbird going around the track again. i felt the music was very good starting out fast and moving slower as he went to the small town. good voices also. paul newman as doc, larry the cable guy was great as mater and tony shaloub was very good as the tire salesman luigi. all in all a very important movie about friends over flash.

ikia789
06-12-2006, 09:40 PM
yeah I think grownups are more entertained than the kids... I proved it myself!
and I've found this cool site... try this one! http://mydvdreviews.com Great for reviewing movies...