View Full Version : The Sopranos semi sucked this season

ProAc_Fan
06-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Easily my favourite show on TV, but for some reason I found this last season disappointing. Perhaps it was the lack of violence or something but I kept waiting for something "big" to occur and was left wanting. 2 episodes of Tony in a coma didn't help things either. Luckily the new season starts in Jan 07 so I don't have to wait 18 months for a new season but I pray this last season is more action packed than the last one.

Mike

RussinOhio
06-11-2006, 12:02 PM
I agree. Very disappointing season. For me the thrill of the Sopranos is the whole FBI-vs.-Tony thing and this season there was none of that. FBI agent Harris made a few appearences but nothing big story wise. I like agent Harris. Not enough of him in the show.

Russ

fujimo
06-11-2006, 12:14 PM
There was no "semi" about it. It just sucked.

BridgedToMono
06-13-2006, 10:42 AM
This season actually ended part way through what's technically "the season". They filmed an unusually long string of episodes, so they ended up dividing it into two right in the middle, so no climax....

At least, that's what I'm told.

Jack Lord
06-27-2006, 11:45 AM
I would not say it "sucked", but it was a bit lacking. Part of the reason may have been the hype resulting from such a long wait.

But the more plausible reason is that they tried to shake it up a bit and that resulted in the demotion or virtual exstinction of many of the characters, both major and minor.

Consider:

1) Hesh- One appearance and then MIA.

2) Junior- Has gone nuts so those classic one liners are gone. Bad move.

3) Johnny Sac- Has gone to jail. Yes I know mobsters do just that, but that diminished his sociopathic (and entertaining) status. Bad move.

4) Tony- As mentioned, was in a coma. Dream Tony does not cut it.

5) Phil- More a diplomat than a menace until the end of the season.

Still, there were some classic moments. When Phil came out of the closet to kill Vito (irony intended). When Arties kills the rabbit and says Mother******.

But its good the series is ending.

streckfu
06-27-2006, 11:58 AM
They have not filmed nor written the last 8 episodes. Apparently, after this season was negotiated, the producer sold 8 more episodes to HBO but HBO has not yet finalized contracts with the actors. They are all trying to get paid and seem to be negotiating airtime. All this crap is holding up production and guarantees a crappy conclusion.

I heard an interview with one of the actors during which he explained how the negoriations are going while trying to sell the show. Apparently, he never about disappointed fans and raved about how brave the director was for the 'Vito' character.

dwass5656
07-02-2006, 08:03 PM
the season did kind of suck but im still looking forward to how it all ends next season

especially liked how christopher fell off the wagon and is back on junk

Listen to Infra-Red by Placebo : http://www.napster.com/player/tracks/16572575

RussinOhio
07-03-2006, 09:24 PM
The show is dead.....Chase blew it.

Russ

streckfu
07-03-2006, 09:36 PM
The show is dead.....Chase blew it.

Russ

Really? Is it officailly dead?

Clarence